Current time: 31/05/2024, 12:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Which independent operator do you miss the most?
RE: Which independent operator do you miss the most?
Being from Manchester mine would have to be:

Maynes - grew up with there interesting fleet and would travel home from Highschool most lunchtimes just to have a ride on 21 A101DPD. After school I would often hang back at the bus stop letting the boring Stagecoach Olympian/B10M pass and wait for the 232 in the hope it was something unusual like an atlantean then curse when one of the Scania's or Tridents turned up lol. I often wonder what the fleet would look like today if they were still going.

Speedwellbus - I think they have already had a mention but I watched this operator grow from one welfare bus in Glossop to a sizeable fleet. The owner would be out driving everyday and would stop and chat to everyone. An enthusiast himself to some degree he was very passionate about the service his company provided and if they got something wrong they would often put it right. Sad that there no longer around.

I know I'll get some stick for this but UK North - yes they wernt pefect at all and the Manchester bus Scene is a safer place with them gone but I did admire there attempt to take on the big boys and at one point the big boys seemed worried. I believe just before they were taken off the road they were in the process of registering to operate on the 216, now that would have been interesting!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which independent operator do you miss the most? - Mayneway - 21/12/2015 01:06

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)