Current time: 10/06/2024, 13:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(02/10/2016 17:08)Dentonian Wrote:  Bringing this back on topic in a way; Ms Tasker has wasted no time in going to the MEN to back up her predecessor in complaining about City centre congestion. However, what I hadn't remembered was that when she was at Manchester, she was Ops Director. That *should* auger well for the future back in Manchester.......unless she is going to be brainwashed into the new order of; "Once the bus leaves Manchester (or Salford/Trafford) and crosses into Stockport or Tameside, we don't care about punctuality".

Therefore, I was wondering how ops in M&SL have changed since she arrived five years ago. I know things are different in so far as, you don't have "Two Tribes" competition - shouldn't need to explain that to any Merseysiders (lol) - and Birkenhead only arrived from First half way through her reign, but have trendy city areas benefited at the expense of traditional, low car-ownership suburbs as has happened here or is a Birkenhead pound still worth the same as a Liverpool pound?

The fleet profile has improved greatly over the past five years both at GM and RF as has general levels of service and punctuality. GM's operations mainly serve low car-ownership areas to the east (Huyton) and north-east of Liverpool (Kirkby). GM's flagship route is the 86 and this is shared with Arriva. To be fair, the recent influx of the 65 plate MMC's can be found on most routes with the exception of the 20/21 and 53.

As with most things on Merseyside, the divide between Birkenhead and Liverpool is much greater than a mile-wide river.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot - Barney - 02/10/2016 19:52

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)