Current time: 11/06/2024, 15:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Talks of Liverpools bus network being "council" run
RE: Talks of Liverpools bus network being "council" run
(02/11/2014 17:17)wirralbus Wrote:  But do all routes require a service 18/7 though . Some routes the amount of passengers using them drops off a cliff and there isn't a market for fresh air is there .

I personally would like to see operators forced to run normal commercial services on bank holidays. At the moment operators can register a service to run every Monday except bank holidays, but with the exception of Christmas Day, I think all bank holidays should be classed as 'normal' Mondays (with the exception of school services).
The retail and majority of the industrial sector class bank holidays as normal days, shops don't observe Sunday trading hours so why should buses run as they would on a Sunday - where surprise surprise the majority of services are subsidised. Imagine how much tax payers money could be saved by doing this, plus it solves the problem of Christmas services. The services provided by operators on Boxing Day and New Year's Day are poor to say the least and unless you work in the Arndale centre or at the Trafford centre your stuffed. Ironically Stagecoach happily run services on 216 and 219 on Boxing Day and New Year's Day, against Metrolink!, even Hattersley gets 201's yet the town of Glossop hasn't had any bus service on Boxing Day and New Year's Day for as long as I can remember (I'm sure Dentionan will know when they did). It's no wonder taxi firms in some areas do so well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Talks of Liverpools bus network being "council" run - Mayneway - 02/11/2014 19:00

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)