Current time: 02/06/2024, 06:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Talks of Liverpools bus network being "council" run
RE: Talks of Liverpools bus network being "council" run
(30/10/2014 19:08)wirralbus Wrote:  Which would everybody prefer Status Quo or Re-regulation of some sort .

Do you think that the major players have become to big for there boots or is it the Mayor who wants to always keep his name in the news . The present Mayor will be in office till he decides to step down as I can not envision anybody else being able to beat him in office unless he makes a pigs ear of something.

I think it's a bit of both really. Mr Anderson does seem far too fame hungry but yes the larger operators have in my opinion been allowed to grow too big. Stagecoach for one, in Manchester anyway, has swallowed up a number of small and medium sized operators and you have the situation bow where cetain areas such as East Manchester that once had a healthy selection of operators now firmly under Stagecoach's grip.
I carnt really comment on the for or against de-reg argument as I'm too young but wasn't the purpose of it to bring more compititon into the industry? In some areas it's gone full circle and it's all but under one operators control.

As for the politicians, well just look at the fiasco over the crime commissioner in South Yorkshire. I don't see how changing things from how they are now would improve things. The politicians and those those associated have allowed the once local companies to get eaten up by the big boys and suddenly thier wanting a bit back??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Talks of Liverpools bus network being "council" run - Mayneway - 30/10/2014 20:09

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)