Current time: 29/05/2024, 02:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
Today, I went out to ride on some of (ANW's) Green Lane depot's Darts. I started the day as I planned, and then I soon went off-plan, as usual, and chased-down some of their Pulsars/Pulsar 2s instead... Anyway, here's what I rode on:

52 (ANW) - Netherton, Glovers Lane > Queen Square Bus Station
Pulsar 2 MX09 LYA (2941)
I was disappointed to see this bus operating my first journey of the day, however the fast driver was welcoming - although they changed mid-journey and the new driver wasn't very fast. The bus was in "slow mode", as usual; the ride-quality of the bus wasn't too bad (bearable!). Interestingly, the bus only features four opening windows - there are usually six on these buses.

8 (ANW) - Queen Square Bus Station > Huyton Bus Station
Plaxton Pointer R603 MHN (2103)
Just the bus I was hoping for! It was just awful...! The gearbox revved high for about two seconds between gear one and two, EVERY TIME it went off the line - bit of a small issue on hills and at junctions. The first driver was very fast - the second (woman!) driver was also fast, mainly around the residential areas in Huyton. The ride-quality of the bus was also awful, however I'm a fan of the dotted moquette, so...!

9 (ANW) - Huyton Bus Station > Queen Square Bus Station
Plaxton Pointer 2 X204 ANC (2204)
Rather than getting the 10B (Pulsar/Pulsar 2) back into Liverpool, I seen this bus and decided to board it. It was excellent! The engine sounded very nice - interestingly, it stayed on gear one longer than usual each time! The ride-quality of the bus was perfect. The seat that I chose was padded, too. Excellent bus!

18 (ANW) - Queen Square Bus Station > West Derby, Muirhead Avenue
Pulsar CX58 EUM (2670)
For some reason, I felt much more "at home" when I boarded this type again! This bus was really slow off the line (in the famous "slow mode"), however it had a sensitive kickdown and a nice gearbox. Good enough for me!

15 (ANW) - West Derby, West Derby Road > Queen Square Bus Station
Pulsar 2 MX61 AWU (3064)
This was a fantastic bus! It was really fast off the line and it barely rattled. The driver was really fast (not kickdown-fast). I didn't notice any vandalism, either. Excellent bus!

14 (ANW) - Queen Square Bus Station > Broadway, Utting Avenue East
Pulsar 2 MX61 DCZ (3061)
This bus was being driven by the same woman that I had on MX10 DCV (3059) a few days ago, although she was different today - very fast, and she even kicked down twice (very unusual for her)! The bus was rattly and sounded rough.

14 (ANW) - Broadway, Utting Avenue East > Queen Square Bus Station
Pulsar 2 MX10 DCO (3057)
As soon as I got on this bus, it was bad - it was vibrating whilst idle! Then when in motion, everything seemed to rattle! The engine sounded rubbish - no fancy gearbox noises or anything...

13 (ANW) - Queen Square Bus Station > West Derby, Deysbrook Lane
Pulsar CX58 EUO (2672)
Yet again, another "slow" one. The gearbox was nice on this bus and the driver was nice and fast!

13 (ANW) - Deysbrook Lane Tesco Supermarket > Tuebrook, Rocky Lane
Pulsar CX58 EWP (2901)
Absolute shed! The interior was disgusting and the bus, as usual, was in the famous "slow mode". No fancy noises - boring engine. Rattles a lot.

27 (ANW) - Tuebrook, Belmont Road > Liverpool ONE Bus Station
Pulsar 2 MX09 JHH (2954)
You see - what is with these buses following me?! Only kidding - I like 2954! It barely rattled and the interior seemed to be in a nice condition. The driver was fast, too. A good ride!

27 (ANW) - Liverpool ONE Bus Station > Liverpool, Lodge Lane
Pulsar 2 MX09 JHV (2959)
Not a very nice bus... The driver was fast, however the engine sounded rough and it rattled a lot. Also, the interior was disgusting!

(That's the first and last time I go to Lodge Lane...)

26 (ANW) - Liverpool, Lodge Lane > Liverpool ONE Bus Station
Pulsar 2 MX09 JHY (2960)
Anything to get away from that place... Horrible bus. Slow-ish driver. Horrible interior.

52 (ANW) - Liverpool, Sir Thomas Street > Netherton, Glovers Lane
Pulsar 2 MX59 FGA (3021)
The first driver of this was fantastic - he kicked down everywhere until he changed! The second driver was alright. The bus was good - the engine sounded nice and there weren't many rattles!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bus days out - SK15 GZG - 01/06/2012, 18:42
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - M113 YKC - 30/06/2012 19:35
Road Trip - B10B6514 - 30/09/2018, 01:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)