Current time: 10/06/2024, 02:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
One thing I'll say on this is that (and this is just as much aimed at Arriva) anyone who says that the 10/A don't justify at least partial decker operation clearly isn't either a regular user or monitoring passenger numbers correctly. Not being a user of some of the other routes, I can't really comment.

The other thing is that I don't think whether a route justifies larger capacity or not always dictates the actual order - it sometimes seems that the company are trying to get away with the smallest (I.e. cheapest) buses they can. Just look at the Solo SRs in St Helens - yes it's great we have new vehicles but capacity wise, they're inadequate. But when they come £20K under the next product in the Optare catalogue, it's a no brainier why it happened. Going back to the like of Stagecoach's involvement in the 10A now, sure the Enviro300s are nice new buses but, along with Arriva's Pulsars, they're still too small to be solely operating the route. High frequency, single deck just does not work along a lot of these corridors.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot - CX54 DKD - 23/10/2012 11:56

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)