Current time: 01/06/2024, 22:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
I don't know if anyone has been monitoring the Strike day timetables, but I just wondered if the evening peak trains through Guide Bridge and Hyde to Marple (and beyond?) had changed since the last Strike days.
The HVL trains are unchanged, being at 1623 and 1705 (ie. "just" the 1649 - the busiest of the lot!) being dropped. On a previous occasion when I caught the 1705, it had been downgraded to a single unit for the Strike(!), so was not surprisingly, full. On that occasion, I counted exactly 50 people getting off at RDN. Tonight, even if a full size train (Pacers) was rammed, but only about 30 alighted at RDN, suggesting far more travelling further out. TBH, I half expected even more than 50 getting off at RDN as not only have Stagecoach put their fares up, but the Undercroft bus stop outside the Station is closed until Easter to "improve" Fairfield Street (including putting a cycle lane in, apparently!) Thus, if he train looks like getting full/cancelled or delayed, the usual option of legging it down the Escalators isn't there.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - Brickmill - 08/01/2018 21:43

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)