Current time: 01/06/2024, 15:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D Jones & Son to Cease Trading
RE: D Jones & Son to Cease Trading
(17/12/2017 12:46)chester285 Wrote:  Is this permanent or temporary as stagecoach still have planning in for bumpers lane

Temporary until Bumpers Lane is sorted. There is reportedly contamination there causing further delays. As I say, 'reportedly'. Unsure about this as someone told a mate who told me and obviously things can get missed or not told properly as the line goes on.

(17/12/2017 15:46)knutstransport Wrote:  Presumably that means they've got an emergency contract or have agreed to run it on a commercial basis but can't get an emergency registration through before start of service on Monday.
Will probably be emergency contract. The C56 can't make that much as D Jones reduced it's trips recently. IT was hourly into Chester now it is every 2 hours with gaps for schools. Unsure what the subsidy is for but the registration does say it is somewhat subsidised. IT could just be a diversion money though but the C56 I hardly see anyone on it. When I do, they aren't really fare paying but if SC were to take it on, £4 day ticket would get you much further again and I strongly feel it could be a viable alternative to the Saph 1. I am just speculating though and of course nothing is confirmed about the longer term plan on the C56.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: D Jones & Son to Cease Trading - iMarkeh - 17/12/2017 16:08

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)