Current time: 16/06/2024, 08:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Local bus usage figures for 15/16 published
RE: Local bus usage figures for 15/16 published
(16/06/2017 11:07)Dentonian Wrote:  Come on, you know better than to trot out this Tory Candidate rubbish. TFGM have been ordered to cut the the Subsidy for "socially necessary" buses by 6% year on year. Given that there would be an outcry if School bus services were cut, that effectively means 10%+ for "mainstream" services. The reason subsidised services take a hit is because every other aspect of TFGMC spending, except cutting staff costs is "protected". OK, there is one other exception, and that is Concessionary Rail fares, but can you imagine the outcry if they were removed...........
And as I AM SICK TO THE BACK TEETH of telling you and other critics of TFGM (note, I didn't add the "C" there), why don't you contact your local TFGMC member? I'm not going to start listing names of all 33 in GM, but in your case, think of a Dublin coastal suburb which I recall is famous for some excellent restaurants

Simple because the tfgmc members are a waste of time. They don't understand what bus users want or need and that is the real problem here.
When they first started slashing evening services myself and others tried to have our say and were basically told to bigger off. They didn't want to listen to what bus users actually thought might work better. They did it all behind closed doors which really annoys me.
I'm not here just to criticise tfgm like I have said stagecoach are just as bad, Carnt really comment on first as I don't use their services that often.

Perhaps we should do an experiment Dentionan. Try emailing our local tfgmc councillor and see how long I takes for a reply.

The figures speak for themselves. Tfgm are failing!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)