Current time: 17/06/2024, 15:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus Driver Driving Hours
RE: Bus Driver Driving Hours
(30/04/2017 16:09)iMarkeh Wrote:  Is someone able to simplify the driving hours for me? I see drivers can drive for 5 1/2 hours before they have to have a 30 minute break then it said something about you need 45 minute in breaks before 8 1/2 hours and stuff about over 8 hours.
Would a driver possibly be able to drive for 5 hours then a 1 hour break then 4 hours driving?
All the different timing restraints confuse me.
Also, would a driver be able to do the following as a split shift? 07:30 - 12:00 then 16:30-19:35?

Both the examples would be perfectly legal under the UK Domestic hours rules.
Someone else has already commented on the first example, and in the second example the driver would need to be finished no later than 2330 (max 16h duty length), so finishing at 1935 is well short of that. Max driving time is 10h, so the total of 7h35m, again is well within the parameters.

Many bus operators have their own set of duty parameters/agreements, however these should not be confused with what may be perfectly legal duties for other companies. It's actually one of the reasons that larger ops, with often more restrictive duty agreements, find it hard to compete with the smaller ops who will simply work to the law.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bus Driver Driving Hours - iMarkeh - 30/04/2017, 16:09
RE: Bus Driver Driving Hours - Neukit - 03/05/2017 19:55

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)