Current time: 02/05/2024, 03:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D&G Bus
RE: D&G Bus
Interesting note on their website about the 130:

"Passengers travelling between Handforth and Wythenshawe travel for free until the end of August."

As a further note the lack of trips to/from Wythenshawe and the Start/Finish times do not look good as are useless for workers

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/07/2020 16:09)T42 PVM Wrote:  Interesting note on their website about the 130:

"Passengers travelling between Handforth and Wythenshawe travel for free until the end of August."

As a further note the lack of trips to/from Wythenshawe and the Start/Finish times do not look good as are useless for workers

It's a bit like their previous 82 extension to Rudheath - they look to be concentrating on getting people from Rudheath to make day trips to Chester, opposed to providing a commuter service from Sandiway/Hartford/Castle to Gadbrook Park.
Find all posts by this user
I notice the message about the 288 operating to a reduced service has disappeared from the D&G Bus website. Does that mean it's gone down to a 2 hourly Mon-Sat daytime service with no evening or Sunday services permanently?

While not a North West service I find the 32X message amusing. They are saying you must make a reservation to get in to Alton Towers but say space on the bus is limited and will be offered on a first come first served basis.
(30/07/2020 12:01)knutstransport Wrote:  I notice the message about the 288 operating to a reduced service has disappeared from the D&G Bus website. Does that mean it's gone down to a 2 hourly Mon-Sat daytime service with no evening or Sunday services permanently?

While not a North West service I find the 32X message amusing. They are saying you must make a reservation to get in to Alton Towers but say space on the bus is limited and will be offered on a first come first served basis.

At least the TfGM website indicates it is still basically a 2-hourly service. Maybe this is for another few months at least.
Has anyone else noticed D&G have taken on a fair few new drivers lately?

At least 5 of them I recognise as ex arriva macc & winsford drivers.
At Wincham there are a couple of newbies and all the furloughed drivers are now back, although 1 has left. Arriva Macc drivers are fed up of traveling to Winsford so a few more may depart soon if Gaw End doesn't reopen in the near future.

(03/08/2020 16:56)33109 Wrote:  Has anyone else noticed D&G have taken on a fair few new drivers lately?

At least 5 of them I recognise as ex arriva macc & winsford drivers.

Works for me
(03/08/2020 20:19)Rick Hunter Wrote:  At Wincham there are a couple of newbies and all the furloughed drivers are now back, although 1 has left. Arriva Macc drivers are fed up of traveling to Winsford so a few more may depart soon if Gaw End doesn't reopen in the near future.

Yep I can see that happening, arriva are struggling I think at the moment.
If Gaw End doesnt open in the near future is there anyway that D&G could possibly take over the work that Arriva do in/around Macclesfield?
D&G could possibly take over macc aye if they're interested enough & arriva struggle like they are currently.
(04/08/2020 05:52)M60lad Wrote:  If Gaw End doesnt open in the near future is there anyway that D&G could possibly take over the work that Arriva do in/around Macclesfield?

Not sure it would be worthwhile for D&G to have outstations in both Macclesfield and Wincham.

In the case of Macclesfield maybe Centrebus would acquire somewhere as a shared D&G/High Peak facility to prevent issues if snow closes the Cat and Fiddle road in the winter? Or maybe if D&G had a base in Macc Centrebus might want Cheshire routes to transfer to D&G?

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)