Current time: 18/05/2024, 08:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot
(18/08/2017 09:27)knutstransport Wrote:  Currently the last two northbound contracted services on the 18 route only go as far as Sale Moor. Given the 263 and Metrolink both run until late presumably they'll be no need for those services if they originate from Altrincham instead of Manchester Airport? Also as MCT interwork the 18 and 288 evening services, possibly the 288 timetable will need revising to keep the same PVR on their evening services?

I'm not sure when the 18 contract is up, but I see no need for it to exist subsidised on the new routing. Heavy duplication of the 263&245. The contract would be far better used to say give the x5 an evening service as far as sharston (retaining a direct service to parts of sale moor/northern moor, and multiple interchange opportunities).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/08/2017 11:07)djb Wrote:  I'm not sure when the 18 contract is up, but I see no need for it to exist subsidised on the new routing. Heavy duplication of the 263&245. The contract would be far better used to say give the x5 an evening service as far as sharston (retaining a direct service to parts of sale moor/northern moor, and multiple interchange opportunities).

If it was a Cheshire East contract it would remain different to the daytime commercial service and then either not be renewed or if there's a break clause in the contract it would be exercised to terminate the contract early.

It seems stupid one side of a political border can have subsided evening services which aren't really needed and yet the other side can't even have an evening Wimslow-Macclesfield service after the commercial service has finished.
(18/08/2017 11:34)knutstransport Wrote:  If it was a Cheshire East contract it would remain different to the daytime commercial service and then either not be renewed or if there's a break clause in the contract it would be exercised to terminate the contract early.

It seems stupid one side of a political border can have subsided evening services which aren't really needed and yet the other side can't even have an evening Wimslow-Macclesfield service after the commercial service has finished.

I presume you've seen the new 130 timetable? Last wilmslow to macc now 2 hours later. Step in the right direction.
(18/08/2017 11:50)djb Wrote:  I presume you've seen the new 130 timetable? Last wilmslow to macc now 2 hours later. Step in the right direction.

Based on Cheshire East council's bus cutting plan they'll be no subsided services after around 7pm on weekdays, 6pm on Saturdays or at any time on Sundays from next April. It's unlikely Arriva will ever want to run Friday and Saturday services out of Macclesfield at around 23:00 on a commercial basis but such services can boost the local economy, while axing them all will see everyone going for a night out in Manchester by train instead.
You seem to have missed the bit I said about the contracted service remaining the same in the short term as demonstrated by the route of the daytime commercial 78 D&G changing in September but the evening contracted services not changing.
Commander 2589 is now operating from here, not sure what the reasoning is. Presume a loan.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/09/2017 21:21)ant17612 Wrote:  Commander 2589 is now operating from here, not sure what the reasoning is. Presume a loan.

Permanent transfer apparently
Coaches have started to arrive for the rail replacement work on behalf of Arriva Rail North (Northern) Two currently here, YJ12CHO and this one YJ12CHY seen on Hollyhedge Road on it's way from Arriva Bus and Coach to Wythenshawe Depot

[Image: 37080130901_3e25cc606d_b.jpg]
Arriva Bus and Coach (Arriva NW - Wythenshawe Loan) YJ12CHY by Mike McNiven, on Flickr
LJ51DJE is still here and looks to still be off the road - it doesn't appeared to have moved since it first arrived. Also here is ALX400 CX55EAF, I presume for rail replacement work, although this, and numerous DAF DB250's along with at least one coach were parked up in the depot today, so they can't have sent out many, if any, on rails today.
I assume that you are talking about 4213 and 4100.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)