Current time: 18/05/2024, 15:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Arriva Trains Wales
RE: Arriva Trains Wales
(24/11/2016 16:08)wirralbus Wrote:  Im sure a 67 on the WAG is not something special anymore , i would suggest that if it was to be a Class175 replacement it would be newsworthy.
You may not think that it is newsworthy but others do. 67010 has just been repainted in DB red and looks magnificent. Contrary to your thinking there is still a lot of interest in locos and this particular one holds the record for the most liveries on a Class 67 namely EWS, Chiltern, Caledonian Sleeper and DB.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Find all posts by this user
(24/11/2016 19:27)childwallblues Wrote:  You may not think that it is newsworthy but others do. 67010 has just been repainted in DB red and looks magnificent. Contrary to your thinking there is still a lot of interest in locos and this particular one holds the record for the most liveries on a Class 67 namely EWS, Chiltern, Caledonian Sleeper and DB.

Ok , maybe if he had said that this particular Class 67 was in a livery that is not one that would normally be expected to turn up on the WAG service then , I might be inclined to read about it , the way it was written though it just sounded like any old 67 though.

This is my view and I don't expect every to like my views.
(24/11/2016 21:04)wirralbus Wrote:  Ok , maybe if he had said that this particular Class 67 was in a livery that is not one that would normally be expected to turn up on the WAG service then , I might be inclined to read about it , the way it was written though it just sounded like any old 67 though.

This is my view and I don't expect every to like my views.
There are many enthusiasts on this website who like to ride behind locomotives. They get information of what locos are where from the internet and this website. If we abide by your edict nobody would learn any thing!

67010 has another claim to fame. It is the last of all the Class 67 to appear in North Wales. The other 29 have appeared on some working in the past.

This is worth a read. Plans to use modified ex Gatwick Express 442s with Class 67s.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-...d-12237415

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I wouldn't get too exited until more details are known. It would be up to the Welsh Government to pay all the costs. The future of the 442s has been swirling round te internet for months.

Crew training, even though some drivers already sign 67s, and finding room at Piccadilly for five coaches with a loco each end rather than three would seem to make May highly optimistic.
Don't forget a good few of the platforms are long enough to fit pendolino's in , so effectively a seven coach (2 locos and 5 coaches) would easily fit in the platforms , it would just be a case of a rejig of what goes where in the station , also what services can share what platforms that sort of thing.
My point exactly - its a lot easier to share platforms with a three car train than one effectively with seven.
The Holyhead to Cardiff WAG is currently in the hands of EWS liveried 67022.

Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)