Current time: 18/05/2024, 16:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Arriva Trains Wales
RE: Arriva Trains Wales
In case anybody didn't know, Arriva Trains Wales had a test using the WAG set yesterday, Operating a 09:46 HHD-CRE and 14:40 CRE-HHD. I asked the guard onboard and he said "This is just a test to see if it picks up, If it does well, It'll be usual"
Find all posts by this user
Electrification?
Any electrification now would likely to be OHL with dual voltage units. Network Rail appear to have gone off any further third rail electrification.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
It has been suggested to me that the signalling on the Wrexham-Bidston line (or a great part of it) may be converted to ERTMS, as a second test bed.

Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.
That will put paid to electrification of the Bidston - Wrexham line in the near future .
Not extremely rare but worth a mention but 150256 and 150280 were coupled together on the Llandudno-Manchester Picadilly service today. Il have some YouTube footage of it pulling into Pensarn station posted later on.

ATW must be either short of units or there was a requirement for a certain service to be strengthened .

150/2 units do have a through gangway connection unlike the Class 175.

In one way i can see why train companies would like units that do not have through gangway connections to improve all round view for the drivers but it decreases operational flexibility as guard is in the other unit .
(25/08/2013 07:42)wirralbus Wrote:  ATW must be either short of units or there was a requirement for a certain service to be strengthened .

In one way i can see why train companies would like units that do not have through gangway connections to improve all round view for the drivers but it decreases operational flexibility as guard is in the other unit .

I think this was due to it being a bank holiday weekend and extra capacity is needed. I also seen 2 pairs of 175s coupled together. It was a good ride to be honest, first time I have been on one of ATWs examples of 150.

(25/08/2013 07:56)WidnesRuncornBus Wrote:  
(25/08/2013 07:42)wirralbus Wrote:  ATW must be either short of units or there was a requirement for a certain service to be strengthened .

I think this was due to it being a bank holiday weekend and extra capacity is needed. I also seen 2 pairs of 175s coupled together. It was a good ride to be honest, first time I have been on one of ATWs examples of 150.
ATW 150s are quite common in the North West, and they have been straying more on to Manchester services, normally in peak hours attached to 158s.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(28/08/2013 07:43)childwallblues Wrote:  
(25/08/2013 07:56)WidnesRuncornBus Wrote:  

ATW 150s are quite common in the North West, and they have been straying more on to Manchester services, normally in peak hours attached to 158s.

Yes so I belive, however this is the first time I have seen 2 150s instead of a 158 150 combination.

ATW Premier Service stock, (i.e. Class 67/Mk3/DVT), is being sent to Blaenau Ffestiniog tomorrow for a route proving/gauging run.

Reason isn't too clear yet... major changes to traincrew schedules from January though, so potentially connected.

Suppose it could free up a 150 on a Sunday if they run the otherwise laid up loco+stock to Blaenau, but then it would be surely more beneficial to get it to free up a 175 by running the stock Holyhead-Chester etc.

(5Z40) http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/V9...8/advanced

Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)