Current time: 18/05/2024, 15:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Arriva Trains Wales
RE: Arriva Trains Wales
(27/02/2017 20:29)mikestone Wrote:  I would assume he means extension of the Merseyrail third rail - as far as I know that has never been approved, and would surely have been mentioned in connection with the new trains if it had been.

It's only a possibility for the future - nothing else!
Find all posts by this user
It could easily be a possibility down the line that bidston - Wrexham does actually become part of the Merseyrail network .

I did actually read in one of the Railway magazines dont know which one off hand that Merseyrail does have options on up to 60 more units , if they was to take that up im sure merseyrail would have a stabling issue anyway , so there is certaintly a high probabilty some form of electrification is possible .
Service's have been restored this morning between Blaenau Ffestiniog and Llandudno Junction after rock damage above the railway at Pont-y-pant was removed .

This line seems to be afflicted with problems every winter , in recent years its been wash outs , this being something a little different this time.
67010 was on the WAG yesterday whilst 67012 was on the Manchester.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
I rode the loco-hauled service from Rhyl to Manchester Piccadilly on Thursday afternoon. Thank you for the clear timings KnutsTransport. I was surprised that it didn't stop at Newton-le-Willows or even Oxford Road.
(06/05/2017 17:55)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I rode the loco-hauled service from Rhyl to Manchester Piccadilly on Thursday afternoon. Thank you for the clear timings KnutsTransport. I was surprised that it didn't stop at Newton-le-Willows or even Oxford Road.
With bus and rail links to oxford rd so frequent from Piccadilly, personally I can't see it being a problem but it is odd as oxford rd is well used

If somebody with a merseytravel encts pass caught this at Earlestown and it didn't stop at Newton, would there be an offence?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The stops were taken out to allow the train to keep its slot into Piccadilly.
(06/05/2017 18:32)RedPanda Wrote:  With bus and rail links to oxford rd so frequent from Piccadilly, personally I can't see it being a problem but it is odd as oxford rd is well used

If somebody with a merseytravel encts pass caught this at Earlestown and it didn't stop at Newton, would there be an offence?

Yeah a valid ticket to travel would have to be issued between Earlestown and Manchester Piccadilly and if Earlestown station was manned it would be at the full standard ticket rate .
Does anyone know why there was a late evening service on Friday from Wrexham calling at Bidston only?
(27/05/2017 02:51)N271CKB Wrote:  Does anyone know why there was a late evening service on Friday from Wrexham calling at Bidston only?

What time was this?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)