Current time: 17/05/2024, 07:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(20/02/2015 18:21)bus401 Wrote:  4203 also 437.4503 on 409,what a waste also 4528 on 414 and 4532 on 410.Does anyone know if 4208 is on loan or a permanent move?

4208 was a loan as it is back on one of Bootle's services today.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
4503 must have an issue that needs it to be put on a route that is not to demanding , the 432/3/7 can be a very demanding route at times .

Somebody things the 410 must need a boost in capacity , during school holidays it can be busy.
Cadet 2449 on 472.
(21/02/2015 16:13)SNL 824 Wrote:  Cadet 2449 on 472.

Oh that has to be a laugh , just hope that was one circuit on the 472/407 and would be replaced at Laird Street on the following 407.
I honestly don't uderstand why people get annoyed when a certain bus is on an unusual allocation. If a bus doesn't turn up the company are fined. I would rather a Cadet turn up than nothing at all. Engineering could be a factor. Budgets are being tightend, so the cost of repair is greater and buses break down or need repair a lot, so whatever is in the depot goes out. It's as simple as that.

Daniel Christopher.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Ok , I understand that ,but and it is a big but the 472 is a QBP route and being honest the route should have first priority on any double deckers .

Does the 464 need to be double decked ?
(25/02/2015 09:13)wirralbus Wrote:  Ok , I understand that ,but and it is a big but the 472 is a QBP route and being honest the route should have first priority on any double deckers .

Does the 464 need to be double decked ?

Any type of bus has to be provided on a QBP service, as part of the agreement. Come next year that Cadets will be gone, so bigger buses will be to hand.

Daniel Christopher.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Stagecoach has got away with Solos on the 10A/10C for years so clearly the type of vehicle is irrelevant on QBPS the clue is in the title "Partnership" so no one can be fined!
Now you can see why some of the areas namely the North East of England want to move one stage further and take some of the operational decisions out of the hands of the bus companies themselves.
All Bootle's Enviro400's have been plated up and sorted. They are ready to leave Laird Street for Bootle this weekend. When they do arrive, the Pulsar's will be sent to Laird Street to cover double deckers and to be used on the rail replacement coming up between West Kirby and Birkenhead. Some will be on this and others will be covering double deckers (most probably 4001/2/Gemini's) After the rails the Pulsars will leave Laird Street, I've been told for the Midlands.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)