Current time: 17/05/2024, 11:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(08/11/2018 13:25)Its a hobby Wrote:  Laird Street must have the worst fleet on Merseyside. Since Arriva haven't ordered any new vehicles in a while LS has been left with the crap. The Hybrids are desperate for a Polish, Paint and Interior Refurb.
I saw a 51 plate double decker on a QBP the other day. 17 year old vehicle next to a 66 plate all singing all dancing Stagecoach 400 MMC. Hardly sets a good standard.

The hybrids are meant to be getting touched up inside and new seats as they are horrendous admittedly
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
There’s definitely a shortage of hybrids at the moment though. Pulsars can’t cope with peak hour cross river flows so it can be a bit cosy in the Wirral on some services at present!
(08/11/2018 17:28)Turbostar19 Wrote:  There’s definitely a shortage of hybrids at the moment though. Pulsars can’t cope with peak hour cross river flows so it can be a bit cosy in the Wirral on some services at present!

The rail replacement services on the Ormskirk line finish on Friday night, so the Birkenhead Hybrids should be back on Saturday.
4176 was on 418 today and 4211 on 413/4 but at least 4 pulsars on 407/472 and one on 464.There does seem to be quite a few hybrids off the road at the moment including 4504,4512, 4524,and 4531 which seems to have missing for weeks.
Are Arriva keeping the former Avon Buses routes?
(10/11/2018 07:47)moreton407 Wrote:  Are Arriva keeping the former Avon Buses routes?
From what I was getting told yesterday they are being withdrawn in the near future

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(30/08/2018 17:15)N304CLV Wrote:  4531 has suffered smoke damage after leaving Sir Thomas Street it's with the fire brigade at present no one has been hurt.

This is why 4531 hasn't been seen for a while.
Annoying the ex Bolton hybrids were moved out, mostly to Speke, almost as quickly as they arrived, they'd have been useful now with a few hybrids out of action.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
It always seems to be that Birkenhead get dealt the bad end of the stick .

Whereas Speke every is shiny and new , sick of hearing there routes are more profitable as the excuse.
(10/11/2018 19:01)wirralbus Wrote:  It always seems to be that Birkenhead get dealt the bad end of the stick .

Whereas Speke every is shiny and new , sick of hearing there routes are more profitable as the excuse.

Well that's how it works I'm afraid. The depots which make the most money (in Arriva North West it's Green Lane and Speke) generally get new buses more regularly

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)