Current time: 17/05/2024, 10:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(05/11/2018 14:47)EBG 758 Wrote:  There's a Hybrid on the 83A today. The front screen was in the small version but the back one had "83A Birkenhead" full size. Does anyone know why they're using half size on the front?

If they decide to keep the route they will probably reprogram into normal font for all other routes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It doesn't help people with poor eyesight to see a small font.. It should be standard font from the off!

Cool Life is for living !
Article in the Echo regarding the 408/9

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv...d-15382853
Arriva have probably seen the recent tendered contracts won by Stagecoach on the likes of the 16/17 day time services and thought well have some of that! They can't even run the 492/495 commercially in the evenings or weekends. It's not a service it's a business. The profit of any off the 408/409 must be negligible or not worth it. I wonder if they will alter the service to include the 124/125 near Harrison Dr

I don't think arriva had any intention of running the 408 past January, this review business is just for show. Rumours of big route changes starting on the 18th of this month I haven't seen anything advertised or registered about them
Pulsars on Cross Rivers again yesterday and today, Arriva need to get a grip of LS.
(08/11/2018 13:02)DVG526 Wrote:  Pulsars on Cross Rivers again yesterday and today, Arriva need to get a grip of LS.

Clearly withdrew to many DLP's & VLW's. These Deckers are better than a Pulsar on Cross River Services.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(08/11/2018 11:36)60008 Wrote:  I don't think arriva had any intention of running the 408 past January, this review business is just for show. Rumours of big route changes starting on the 18th of this month I haven't seen anything advertised or registered about them

Apparently those changes will now be happening in January instead they are having a full review Wink
Laird Street must have the worst fleet on Merseyside. Since Arriva haven't ordered any new vehicles in a while LS has been left with the crap. The Hybrids are desperate for a Polish, Paint and Interior Refurb.
I saw a 51 plate double decker on a QBP the other day. 17 year old vehicle next to a 66 plate all singing all dancing Stagecoach 400 MMC. Hardly sets a good standard.

A full review i cant see much that needs fine tuning in the Arriva Birkenhead empire.

It seems that Arriva favour North Wirral and Stagecoach favour South Wirral its like a little cartel , there is only a few places that they intermingle on the Wirral.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)