Current time: 18/05/2024, 10:51 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(05/01/2017 20:58)N301 CKB Wrote:  6004 broke down later that day in the 495 due to flat batteries

Thats happend 4 times this week .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/01/2017 20:58)N301 CKB Wrote:  6004 broke down later that day in the 495 due to flat batteries

As a youngster I used to wonder why buses used to have 'Jenny' chalked on the cab window. Clearly, it's still an issue
There was quite a sight this evening coming through the Queensway from Liverpool, as 6 new Hybrids were in a row, followed by 3x old hybrids on normal services, followed by 2 of Stagecoach's Cambridge Deckers on the X8 and 2. All were completely full except the two new Hybrids which were out of service.

Also, can anyone shed light on the meaning of BC DEPU ? Or whatever the rails buses sometimes display?
(06/01/2017 17:56)Enviro400 Wrote:  There was quite a sight this evening coming through the Queensway from Liverpool, as 6 new Hybrids were in a row, followed by 3x old hybrids on normal services, followed by 2 of Stagecoach's Cambridge Deckers on the X8 and 2. All were completely full except the two new Hybrids which were out of service.

Also, can anyone shed light on the meaning of BC DEPU ? Or whatever the rails buses sometimes display?

I would of thought the BC DEPU would be Birkenhead Central Duplicate for the spare buses to use when they are required
B N DUPE = Birkenhead north duplicate/extra bus
B C DUPE = Birkenhead central duplicate/extra bus
The Streedeck demo is on the rail replacements this evening, left Lime Street a few minutes ago.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(06/01/2017 18:46)gka472l Wrote:  The Streedeck demo is on the rail replacements this evening, left Lime Street a few minutes ago.

HTH

Been there since early morning running until now. Firstly I saw parked at Lime Street Stations about 8am this morning.
Yesterday about 1610 there was a spare bus at moorfields and four on St Johns Lane ready to put into service if one of the normal buses arrived full.
At 15:00 there should be at least 5/6 buses on lime st to serve as dupes and 5/6 buses on exchange st to serve moorfeilds stn as dupes as and when needed.
(06/01/2017 19:25)motormayhem1 Wrote:  At 15:00 there should be at least 5/6 buses on lime st to serve as dupes and 5/6 buses on exchange st to serve moorfeilds stn as dupes as and when needed.

From what I gather, so far, the organisation of the rail replacements has been excellent. I think the real test will be next Monday when all the schools and colleges are back along with the workers who have taken an extended Christmas holiday.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)