Current time: 19/05/2024, 12:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
Not 100% sure so please don't quote me on this but it looks like upto 37 of the new hybrids will go to birkenhead for the rails instead of the initial 30 if what ive heard is correct , as it looks like 7 could be used in service due to the temporary pvr increase on Birkenheads services.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/12/2016 21:49)Dentonian Wrote:  Plenty to come over the water in the next few working days then. A photo of 4816 has appeared on another list, taken at Twelve Quays (which I assume is not a million miles from Laird Street), but only 4800-9 are shown registered on BLOTW.

Twelve Quays is barely a mile from LS. I suspect that those registered are being used for route training etc. As the closure doesn't happen until 3rd January, I assume most will be registered next month to save a few shilling.
Thats why i say its just what ive heard but just have to wait and see as 2 was being used today on route learning 4800 and 4802 which will be used for the rest of the week on route training and vehicle familiarisation as i used 4800 on my route training today.
Radios will be fitted and used through out the rail work and all stations will have contact with all the buses on the contract and theres been a lot of planning behind the scenes with joint work of merseytravel,merseyrail and tunnel police.
Changing the subject slightly does anyone know where pulsar 3000 is as I haven't seen it for ages?
(20/12/2016 00:38)bus401 Wrote:  Changing the subject slightly does anyone know where pulsar 3000 is as I haven't seen it for ages?

was out yesterday on 418/9s.
Cheers,must have been laid up for a while.
A large group of Arriva Drivers were being shown around Birkenhead Bus Station by a Merseytavel representative around lunchtime today
(22/12/2016 16:05)Nwales Bus Wrote:  A large group of Arriva Drivers were being shown around Birkenhead Bus Station by a Merseytavel representative around lunchtime today

Presumably they will be drivers from across the whole region as LS won't be staffing the rail replacement services alone. Does anyone know which other depots will be providing drivers?
All Merseyside Depots are chipping in to help

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
the tour of the bus station is part of the induction training for new starters.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)