Current time: 16/05/2024, 15:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach North East
RE: Stagecoach North East
Although it would be an interesting prospect, i am led to believe that inspite the fact Stockton does indeed have an ageing fleet it is one of the more profitable depots in the region making a sell out seem unlikely and also if you take note of the fact that Stockton is the only stagecoach operation in the teesside area south of the tees the prospect of a sell out seems even more unlikely, however i agree it would be nice to see go-ahead expand its operations further into teesside to provide some (in my opinion) much needed competition for arriva who operate the lions share of operations in the area or indeed for stagecoach to expand further but i am also led to believe that that has never happened due to an agreement made some years ago between the then Cleveland transit and united come tees come arriva to put an end to the so called bus wars that took place in the area
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/06/2013 08:45)Tango Wrote:  Although it would be an interesting prospect, i am led to believe that inspite the fact Stockton does indeed have an ageing fleet it is one of the more profitable depots in the region making a sell out seem unlikely and also if you take note of the fact that Stockton is the only stagecoach operation in the teesside area south of the tees the prospect of a sell out seems even more unlikely, however i agree it would be nice to see go-ahead expand its operations further into teesside to provide some (in my opinion) much needed competition for arriva who operate the lions share of operations in the area or indeed for stagecoach to expand further but i am also led to believe that that has never happened due to an agreement made some years ago between the then Cleveland transit and united come tees come arriva to put an end to the so called bus wars that took place in the area

Hence the day tickets being used on both serivces (although stagecoach's tickers are cheaper than arriva, makes no sense) but i would like to see go north east expand, as i say Teesside is becoming increasingly the ALX city, and some other bus chassis' wouldn't go a miss.
Talking of competition, it is about time South Shields seen some competition, We only have Stagecoach and Go North East, stagecoach are the predominant operator, with GNE running services into South Shields from various depots, with a lot of dead time. Perhaps Arriva could start some local town services?
I can't see Stockton being sold. All that's needed is a new depot locating and then getting the fleet up-to scratch. Although, from what I hear, first on the list is finding a new depot manager and a new Engineering Manager as well.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Hi I think if they get rid off the stagecoach s t v reg alx mans and b10 ble to then they could get new buses and I think stagecoach hartlepool should reunite together and that what I think
It's really not that difficult or expensive to install an adblue tank. It's just like a fuel tank with a hose and nozzle and that's it.......
(22/06/2013 12:27)rachel Wrote:  Hi I think if they get rid off the stagecoach s t v reg alx mans and b10 ble to then they could get new buses and I think stagecoach hartlepool should reunite together and that what I think

That'll cost stagecoach in fuel costs which wil inevitably put the prices up, and i don't think their is enough room for a new depot that'll hold around 90-100 buses in Teesside.
Moving on......

Tridents 17027/32 were today's extra 36 allocation, 27 being the Park End starter and 32 being the Hartlepool one.
Olympians 16831/4 were out on the 52 today, 16835 on the 11 and 16836 on the 13.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Hi I hope stagecoach on Teesside is not getting sold off. I have liked stagecoach on Teesside forever when it was formally called Cleveland transit and I know in time they will get new buses. I hope this is just a rumour.
(23/06/2013 13:03)rachel Wrote:  Hi I hope stagecoach on Teesside is not getting sold off. I have liked stagecoach on Teesside forever when it was formally called Cleveland transit and I know in time they will get new buses. I hope this is just a rumour.

Nobody said it was, it was a suggestion by someone earlier on. Don't worry, they won't sell.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)