Current time: 16/05/2024, 14:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach North East
RE: Stagecoach North East
The remaining 20 are gas powered, but not hydrogen. Just boring CNG.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(27/05/2013 17:41)mbonwick Wrote:  The remaining 20 are gas powered, but not hydrogen. Just boring CNG.

I understand that the GBF bid concerning the other 20 gas powered Scania's did not come to fruition.
That may be the case, however the press release at the start of the year made it sound like the vehicles had already been ordered.....
(27/05/2013 19:15)mbonwick Wrote:  That may be the case, however the press release at the start of the year made it sound like the vehicles had already been ordered.....

I think the GBF bids are required to have a firm commitment from the manufacturer to be able to meet the particular deadline, as the funding usually has to be spent by a set date. Clearly if a bid doesn't make the cut, the "order" will likely fall.
With Half Term here, the Olympians will likely be out in service all day throughout the week. There is one on the 12/34 today.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(28/05/2013 13:07)kuyoyo Wrote:  With Half Term here, the Olympians will likely be out in service all day throughout the week. There is one on the 12/34 today.

one was on 58 and 2 on 13, there was one olympian in the depot however.
Also been reported that 24109 is on the 37 today.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Saw 22341 running off service to Walkergate depot last night so maybe its loan to Slatyford has finished.
South Shields Enviro300 27736 is currently on loan to Slatyford depot.

Trident 17026 has spent the day on 11s (after appearing on the 12 yesterday afternoon). Sister 17032 has arrived back from Wheatsheaf after its repaint (against what I previously stated, 17032 is currently the odd Trident out in having a Hanover LED display instead of a Hanover Flit Dot). The extra 36s today were in the hands of 16834 and 24102. 16831/5 were on the 13 while 16839 has spent the day on the 59/61. 37-branded ALX300 22063 has spent the day on the 58 and will now be out on 52s all night.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
(29/05/2013 17:16)kuyoyo Wrote:  South Shields Enviro300 27736 is currently on loan to Slatyford depot.

Trident 17026 has spent the day on 11s (after appearing on the 12 yesterday afternoon). Sister 17032 has arrived back from Wheatsheaf after its repaint (against what I previously stated, 17032 is currently the odd Trident out in having a Hanover LED display instead of a Hanover Flit Dot). The extra 36s today were in the hands of 16834 and 24102. 16831/5 were on the 13 while 16839 has spent the day on the 59/61. 37-branded ALX300 22063 has spent the day on the 58 and will now be out on 52s all night.

South Shields Enviro300 27736 is the vehicle that had the rta in seaburn shortly after new and has not been seen since, so this must be back on the road now and as stated above on loan to Slatyford and was indeed on service 100 Metrocentre shuttle yesterday. It will no doubt make its way back to South Shields shortly as it still has its 'Going to the Beach, catch this bus' advert , which is not really any good in Newcastle.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)