Current time: 16/05/2024, 22:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach North East
RE: Stagecoach North East
The Great North Run timetables are now on the Nexus website. Stagecoach will be running the following:

552: Gypsies Green - South Shields Ferry
http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/nexus.org....160912.pdf

553: Gypsies Green - Newcastle
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(31/08/2012 18:08)Wellsey18 Wrote:  When Newcastle got all their Enviro400's why did they get rid of their 56 reg ones which they first got ???????

Simple, they were replaced like-for-like by 19141-63.

(31/08/2012 18:20)tom.robinson206 Wrote:  The Great North Run timetables are now on the Nexus website. Stagecoach will be running the following:

552: Gypsies Green - South Shields Ferry

553: Gypsies Green - Newcastle

As they do every year.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Stupid as it sounds, I believe the 56 plate Enviro400s went because the MD at the time hated not having 'local' plated vehicles.

To be fair though, when you look at First's reputation, you can sort of see where he's coming from!
I thought it was down to the first batch not using adblue, which the rest do? Hence they were replaced fairly sharpish...
May well have been, but I can't see that being much of a problem really. Remember that at the time there were still many pre-euro vehicles knocking around that were decades before adblue.

If anything, not using Adblue is a positive as its one less thing to have to remember to fill!
In addition to the Enviro200s in London, Enviro200s 36472and 36475 are on-loan to Hastings. Presumably they were originally for use in London judging by the fleetnames being covered over.

Photos @ Terry S. Blackman

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Some missed information from my trip to South Shields depot on Thursday (viewed from outside):

21105 was up on the lift in the shed, suggesting its days in service are now over
21148 was parked in the same place in the yard as it was on Saturday (by the shed entrance)
Also in the shed were 21143 22541 and 22637

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Slatyford's 22475 was in Carlisle today, no idea why it was here and where it was going to. It didn't stay long.
(02/09/2012 16:47)cumbria0902150 Wrote:  Slatyford's 22475 was in Carlisle today, no idea why it was here and where it was going to. It didn't stay long.

Very interesting, also very weird. Why would it be there?

My Flickr
Updated regularly
(02/09/2012 15:19)kuyoyo Wrote:  Some missed information from my trip to South Shields depot on Thursday (viewed from outside):

21105 was up on the lift in the shed, suggesting its days in service are now over
21148 was parked in the same place in the yard as it was on Saturday (by the shed entrance)
Also in the shed were 21143 22541 and 22637

With some of the 21000-series Volvo B10BLEs no longer in service, I timed my trip well to ride ALX300 and Prestige examples back in July. Admittedly Enviro300s are quite classy, and I prefer them to MAN-Enviro300s, possibly because of the sloped area above the wheel.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)