Current time: 29/04/2024, 12:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
Are drivers not permitted to run what they have into the garage to swap for something newer on a late at Southport or is the depot too far from route start points/terminus' for that to be possible?

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Smile RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
(21/07/2012 18:42)skemnational Wrote:  I got 7656 on Wigan lates :-(
Unlucky Skemnational!! Put your ear plugs in, cross your fingers & hope for the best! Wave
Ive been on 4 P&P'd vehicles today, plus 7568 and a Pulsar. I can honestly say that when it came down to ride quality 7568 was somewhere in the middle. The worst 2 by far were 7653 which seemed to have a piece of plate that had come un-rivet around the rear window, and 2294 in which all the hand rails and windows rattled probably as much as any bus that I had been on previously! It's been a grueling day...

Regards,

ANW 2283

Previously marcus T

Darting across the NW and Midlands...Smile

Starting to put a moves book together...

http://www.ipernity.com/blog/bontybermo
(21/07/2012 20:00)CX54 DKD Wrote:  Are drivers not permitted to run what they have into the garage to swap for something newer on a late at Southport or is the depot too far from route start points/terminus' for that to be possible?

I think there isn't enough time everything runs off 300s and 46s on 375 lates so its whatever the allocator decides.and ha ha ear plugs are in lol
RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes
The following services are changing on 22 July:

1B Formby – Russell Road
The service will be withdrawn.

41 Southport – Southport Holiday Park
The seasonal summer service between Southport Holiday Park (Ainsdale Pontins) and Southport town centre will be re-introduced for the summer holiday season.

49, 49A Crossens - Woodvale
All Monday to Saturday buses will be numbered 49 and will run in a one-way, anti-clockwise loop in Ainsdale and Woodvale from Kenilworth Road via Cherry Road, Woodvale Road and Gleneagles Drive to Kenilworth Road. A summer timetable will be introduced - the Monday to Friday daytime frequency will be reduced to every 12 minutes and the times will be changed. Sunday Route 49A will be unchanged, with buses running in a one-way clockwise loop in Ainsdale and Woodvale.

So that's the staff bus gone?

It will be interesting to see what vehicle serves the 41. Surely not the ageing school deckers!

As for the 49, that is a tight turn around time at the Woodvale terminus. Two minutes in the summer when buses will get held up in holiday traffic on Lord Street & main routes into Southport. Also the timetable invites passengers to stay on the bus at the loop (as the 49A has gone), so no downtime/peace for the driver.
(22/07/2012 07:43)Vbg111v Wrote:  RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes
The following services are changing on 22 July:

1B Formby – Russell Road
The service will be withdrawn.

41 Southport – Southport Holiday Park
The seasonal summer service between Southport Holiday Park (Ainsdale Pontins) and Southport town centre will be re-introduced for the summer holiday season.

49, 49A Crossens - Woodvale
All Monday to Saturday buses will be numbered 49 and will run in a one-way, anti-clockwise loop in Ainsdale and Woodvale from Kenilworth Road via Cherry Road, Woodvale Road and Gleneagles Drive to Kenilworth Road. A summer timetable will be introduced - the Monday to Friday daytime frequency will be reduced to every 12 minutes and the times will be changed. Sunday Route 49A will be unchanged, with buses running in a one-way clockwise loop in Ainsdale and Woodvale.

So that's the staff bus gone?

It will be interesting to see what vehicle serves the 41. Surely not the ageing school deckers!

As for the 49, that is a tight turn around time at the Woodvale terminus. Two minutes in the summer when buses will get held up in holiday traffic on Lord Street & main routes into Southport. Also the timetable invites passengers to stay on the bus at the loop (as the 49A has gone), so no downtime/peace for the driver.

Whats the pvr of the #41? Presumable reducing the #49 will free up a vehicle or 2...perhaps they will put out the odd decker on the #49 and have the #41 a Pulsar service...I suppose we will have to wait and see.

I did notice that yesterday the #49A seem like it was solid Pulsars...I didn't notice anything else on it. All the Marshalls with exception of 7656 and 7637 (being P&P'd) were seen on #42/3/4/6's.

Regards,

ANW 2283

Previously marcus T

Darting across the NW and Midlands...Smile

Starting to put a moves book together...

http://www.ipernity.com/blog/bontybermo
The 41 is a PVR of one I think. I wonder if they'll use 2624 like they did last time I used the service? 2010 that was I think.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
How many people did use the 41 though considering last year some of the journeys where probably covered by an open top vehicle which this year is no longer available .
(22/07/2012 09:04)wirralbus Wrote:  How many people did use the 41 though considering last year some of the journeys where probably covered by an open top vehicle which this year is no longer available .

Some journeys are well subscribed, albeit it will never be the busiest route in the town. Seems a shame to waste a newer bus on the route, when it can be better used on a busier route. Maybe a Renown would be the best vehicle? Anyway we'll see.

There will be two P&R sites open all summer from today. PVR of 4/5, so would expect the Arriva branded Enviros to be utilised.
I have never used the Kew Park and Ride though i have been advised that it is well set out and in a good position for people coming into Southport from the Ormskirk direction .

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)