Current time: 02/05/2024, 07:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
2723 is off following a slight collision with a parked Police van on Hoghton Street:-
http://www.otsnews.co.uk/rtc-bus-hits-po...southport/

Meanwhile a bus appears to have collided with a horse on the Formby By Pass. No info on what bus was involved although I understand it was an Arriva.
http://www.otsnews.co.uk/horse-killed-in...southport/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Looks like bus has come over slightly too early just catching the front wing of the van. As for the collision involving the poor horse and of course bus driver, I believe that the bus was 3040.
(05/05/2014 21:49)Vbg111v Wrote:  Meanwhile a bus appears to have collided with a horse on the Formby By Pass. No info on what bus was involved although I understand it was an Arriva.
http://www.otsnews.co.uk/horse-killed-in...southport/

Aw poor horse Sad shame it died. Apart from that incident though there seems to be a lot of bus crashes and collisions when it comes to Arriva Southport.
(05/05/2014 22:20)Busser Wrote:  Aw poor horse Sad shame it died. Apart from that incident though there seems to be a lot of bus crashes and collisions when it comes to Arriva Southport.

Nothing should be read into that , outward facing CCTV camera's will give a good indication whom is to blame for most road traffic incidents .
An update.

4094 has gone to the GMF&RS at Leigh.

3040 has gone to the bodyshop today for repairs after collision with a horse on Saturday night. Please refer to otsnews.co.uk or qlocal.com/southport for further info.

Withdrawn Marshall Darts held in stock still are 7618/39/46/8/64.

Marshalls still in service here are 7636/43/53/4/6.
2252 and 7636 are on 49 lates tonight! 4095 was also on 49s today but on a daytime board!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2727 and 2728 both on 47/48 today.
I gather from the Merseytravel website the 48 is to be withdrawn.
(08/05/2014 16:34)N304CLV Wrote:  2727 and 2728 both on 47/48 today.
I gather from the Merseytravel website the 48 is to be withdrawn.

It appears so. The 47 will also terminate at the Plough and no longer serve Banks or Riverside. It will also miss out Aughton Road/St Johns Road and use the main road. Obviously commercial reasons behind it, but a further blow for passengers with the 300 soon to evade Sherdley Hill and Haskayne as well.
(12/05/2014 13:09)Vbg111v Wrote:  but a further blow for passengers with the 300 soon to evade Sherdley Hill and Haskayne as well.

I mentioned this the other day Smile Shame its being rerouted as that's a good run, especially the NSL section! Should imagine people from Haskayne will still be able to get the 300 just from the main road, not sure how passengers from Shirdley hill are supposed to get around now though
The places removed from the route 300 , on average how well used are those places ?

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)