Current time: 02/05/2024, 19:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
(13/12/2013 14:39)Busser Wrote:  
(13/12/2013 06:33)DEM777Y Wrote:  
(12/12/2013 23:25)Busser Wrote:  Do you know what depot they will go to ?

Southport...

Cool Smile

Do you know how long they will take to arrive and what routes they might go on ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/12/2013 15:04)Busser Wrote:  Do you know how long they will take to arrive and what routes they might go on ?

I don't know how long they'll take to arrive, and I've since found out that they may not arrive at all if contracts in the Manchester area are won. If they do arrive, then they will be primarily for school services, although they will probably appear on at least the 43/46 routes occasionally.

Thanks to motormayhem for confirming that 2725 is currently at St Helens undergoing repairs.
(13/12/2013 18:16)DEM777Y Wrote:  
(13/12/2013 15:04)Busser Wrote:  Do you know how long they will take to arrive and what routes they might go on ?

I don't know how long they'll take to arrive, and I've since found out that they may not arrive at all if contracts in the Manchester area are won. If they do arrive, then they will be primarily for school services, although they will probably appear on at least the 43/46 routes occasionally.

Well if they do come just for schools then what a waste. The former cross river olympians painted yellow would have been better as school buses.
(13/12/2013 21:43)Busser Wrote:  
(13/12/2013 18:16)DEM777Y Wrote:  

Well if they do come just for schools then what a waste. The former cross river olympians painted yellow would have been better as school buses.

Merseytravel contracts require buses that are younger than 15 years of age, the N reg Volvo Palatine 2's are now 16+ years of age.
The buses are coming for schools
(14/12/2013 00:22)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  
(13/12/2013 21:43)Busser Wrote:  
(13/12/2013 18:16)DEM777Y Wrote:  I don't know how long they'll take to arrive, and I've since found out that they may not arrive at all if contracts in the Manchester area are won. If they do arrive, then they will be primarily for school services, although they will probably appear on at least the 43/46 routes occasionally.

Merseytravel contracts require buses that are younger than 15 years of age, the N reg Volvo Palatine 2's are now 16+ years of age.
The buses are coming for schools

Oh, well thats why then.

As long as the geminis are going to be used all day for other services as well then its alright.
If we don't get them for schools and we get the new deckers for 375/385 I can see the b7s becoming school buses
(12/12/2013 15:10)DEM777Y Wrote:  I heard today that Southport are to get another five 'X' registered Darts (this time from Bootle) in January as Marshall replacements. There are definitely some '02'/'52' Volvo/Geminis on the way from London - they are currently being refurbished. A bid has been lodged with the powers that be at Head Office for nine new deckers (VDL/Wright) for the 375/385 route which, if successful, will arrive late next year.

For such new buses to be due late next year represents a delay from the previous intention of new buses around April.

(14/12/2013 12:37)skemnational Wrote:  If we don't get them for schools and we get the new deckers for 375/385 I can see the b7s becoming school buses

It is a pity when vehicles like ex-London VLWs (and DLPs at Wythenshawe) are only for school journeys and not mainstream service.
Just for clarification that despite the DLP's at Wythenshawe being primarily used for Schools they do actually get used regularly inbetween the School Services on normal services
2725 is no more, its been written off. Big fleet changes are afoot between January and May.
(14/12/2013 12:37)skemnational Wrote:  If we don't get them for schools and we get the new deckers for 375/385 I can see the b7s becoming school buses
Why would the B7s become school buses? As they are 55 reg surely they should transfer back to Liverpool where their capacity can be exploited.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)