Current time: 27/04/2024, 19:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
3309, 3312 and 3319 are all withdrawn awaiting collection by their new owner(s) along with 3336.

Judging by the Green Lane thread Southport is now has the largest allocation of Marshall Darts with 7636/7/9/43/8/51-6/64/73 on strength with the now heavily cannibalized 7646 as a spares source. Apparently these are to remain until the end of the year.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(31/05/2013 07:10)B10B6514 Wrote:  3309, 3312 and 3319 are all withdrawn awaiting collection by their new owner(s) along with 3336.
Do you mean that 3336 is also awaiting its new owner?

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Is 7664 still here as I have just seen it in Bootle and thought it was on a Bootle Service, obviously I realise it could have been on the Southport services. I only seen the side and back, anybody know. Thanks.
(31/05/2013 12:48)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Is 7664 still here as I have just seen it in Bootle and thought it was on a Bootle Service, obviously I realise it could have been on the Southport services. I only seen the side and back, anybody know. Thanks.

Yes, it's still at Southport. It's currently on the 300.

3309 & 3319 have departed for destinations unknown, leaving only 3312 & 3336 here.

4090 is another DAF/ALX400 to arrive here.
(31/05/2013 15:44)DEM777Y Wrote:  
(31/05/2013 12:48)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Is 7664 still here as I have just seen it in Bootle and thought it was on a Bootle Service, obviously I realise it could have been on the Southport services. I only seen the side and back, anybody know. Thanks.

Yes, it's still at Southport. It's currently on the 300.

3309 & 3319 have departed for destinations unknown, leaving only 3312 & 3336 here.

4090 is another DAF/ALX400 to arrive here.

Thanks DEM, it looks a tip that 7664 as well, looks like it could do with a good wash, fancy having to up with that one for a full journey of the 300.
Johnsons pulled in a Wigan decker this afternoon , could not ID though.
Was in Liverpool City Centre recently when I heard the loud 'blowy' engine noise of a bus, accompanied by the painful-sounding screech of drivebelts.
"Ah, that'll be 2722 on the 300!" I thought and -sure enough- (as I turned round) it was!

I'd love to know what's wrong with this bus, but -whatever it is- it cannot be too serious as this 12-year old Volvo B10BLE continues to scream for another day.

I remember two years ago, talking to the engineering manager at GL about the near-identical B10Bs which were due for withdrawal at the time (6581, 6582, 6585, 6592, 6599, 6604, 6606, 6611 and 6617).
"Those things run forever!" he said, adding "nothing can stop them!"
True enough.
Listen-out for the unmistakable sound of 2722 (Y722 KNF), it's gotta be the loudest bus on Merseyside!Wink
The B10B Wright Endurances were bullet proof and from my point of view have got to be one of the best buses to operate in Merseyside and I no for a fact drivers from most depots didn't want to see the day of the Endurances. I was speaking to driver a while ago and he said if it wasn't for this 15 year the B10Bs would of been in service for a lot longer.

Here is my Flickr photo stream why dont you take a look! It was last updated: 15/05/13
(05/06/2013 14:48)Ultralow Wrote:  The B10B Wright Endurances were bullet proof and from my point of view have got to be one of the best buses to operate in Merseyside and I no for a fact drivers from most depots didn't want to see the day of the Endurances. I was speaking to driver a while ago and he said if it wasn't for this 15 year the B10Bs would of been in service for a lot longer.

True! Even Arriva themselves don't want to let go of them, holding onto some of them as Trainers.
steps would of cut them short as well dont forget due to this DDA rubbish

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)