Current time: 03/05/2024, 07:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
(03/04/2013 21:11)skemnational Wrote:  
(02/04/2013 22:55)DEM777Y Wrote:  
(02/04/2013 14:17)canning road Wrote:  Has Wigan always been on the Palatine blinds or has it been added at a later date?

I think that all the destinations have been added at a later date. It is now possible to display (at least it is on 3319) Ormskirk on the upper blind and SOUTHPORT on the lower blind.

When I have one on a Wigan I used Wigan at bottom and skem on top same on way back but with southport instead of Wigan I also use southport on top when I'm on 43/46 with them and lord street on a 49

Very good,I suppose with the destinations available on the top being mostly school related (appart from Wigan,Ormskirk,Skem and Southport) one is limited to what you can use.Maybe '49 Pinfold Lane WOODVALE' or maybe in the extreme '42 Kew Town Lane WALNUT STREET' '44 KGV FORMBY' or '44 Kew Town Lane FORMBY' !! P.S. Any idea what will happen to these blinds when removed from the Palatines?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2551 on 47/48 all day to day
7655 on 49s 3 palatines on 43/46 and a b7 decker too
7636 seen on the Tarleton bypass this morning near Riverside displaying 43 High Park!
(04/04/2013 16:15)skemnational Wrote:  2551 on 47/48 all day to day

I'd happily wait for the next one! :p
I think the 47/48 should be Sapphired, and compete more with Stagecoaches X2, management have never reacted to their service, it is far superior and is often well loaded.... so why dont Arriva retalliate i wonder?
At some point tomorrow we will be in Southport and will hopefully be riding on Palatine's and Darts. Any real time sightings posted into the this thread tomorrow will be most welcome and I will post my interesting sightings into this thread signal and battery permitting! Smile

Thanks in advance...

ANW 2283

Previously marcus T

Darting across the NW and Midlands...Smile

Starting to put a moves book together...

http://www.ipernity.com/blog/bontybermo
Talking on sapphire I heard our boss wants the 375/385 doing as soon as possible with Either new decker a or the b7s getting done but heard its £20 grand a bus heard this from one of our supervisiors the other day
(05/04/2013 20:02)mr t Wrote:  I think the 47/48 should be Sapphired, and compete more with Stagecoaches X2, management have never reacted to their service, it is far superior and is often well loaded.... so why dont Arriva retalliate i wonder?
I completely agree with this - and now would be a perfect time to do something like that as Stagecoach's 2X2-branded Enviro400s are really getting "old". The two 2X2-branded examples that I had today weren't great in quality - 15468 provided a very rough and uncomfortable ride this morning, whilst 15474's heaters were blowing cold air on the last journey from Preston to Liverpool after the bus needed to be boosted to restart...! Arriva could easily outstand Stagecoach with "SAPPHIRE treatment" at the moment.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
3312 on 49s

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)