Current time: 02/05/2024, 12:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
2722 (Y722 KNF) B10BLE/Renown on 300-SOUTHPORT today, sounding VERY noisy again. Worn-out engine perhaps? Seems to have been like this for awhile, listen-out for it....

Also 3336 (R336 WVR) Olympian/NC Palatine2 decker seen working in unison with Napier Point's (S465 ATV) Olympian/Pyoneer (ex-Notts decker) both on '692-SCHOOL BUS' service.

Makes me wonder how long 3336 will last. The end is neigh surely?
Sorry, I mean The end is NIGH (gotta stop eating them horseburgers)Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(15/02/2013 15:38)mathias Wrote:  Makes me wonder how long 3336 will last. The end is neigh surely?
Sorry, I mean The end is NIGH (gotta stop eating them horseburgers)Wink

LOL

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Once the latest influx of hybrids enter service over the next few weeks, a big transfer between depots will occur. This will enable the last step deckers and probably the the first of the Marshall darts depart the fleet.
All of Southport's Olympians are going for sale for further service, at least 3 have very recently been MOT'd, in fact 3319 has just received a replacement gearbox.
(16/02/2013 02:38)B10B6514 Wrote:  Once the latest influx of hybrids enter service over the next few weeks, a big transfer between depots will occur. This will enable the last step deckers and probably the the first of the Marshall darts depart the fleet.
All of Southport's Olympians are going for sale for further service, at least 3 have very recently been MOT'd, in fact 3319 has just received a replacement gearbox.

So are Southport getting the ex-Blue Bus Tridents for schools? And do you know what may be replacing the Marshalls? Cadets? Must admit I was looking forward to driving Volvo deckers again - looks like I'll be too late! I'm not, however, looking forward to driving the Marshalls so am rather happy about that development!
Southport will need two additional deckers from somewhere as they have five R-WVRs to replace. A couple of ex-London DLAs or VLWs could easily be drafted in alongside the three Presidents.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
2293 has departed today on its final journey back across the moors. Last week all 4 ex-gas buses had their Hanover blinds removed for re-use.
2291 is getting picked up by PVS now along with the S-KHN Dart.
Also theres another SPD thats getting picked by pvs

Here is my Flickr photo stream why dont you take a look! It was last updated: 15/05/13
Pity it is not the growing fleet of Marshall Darts that are making their final journey across the moors.....
(19/02/2013 20:47)Vbg111v Wrote:  Pity it is not the growing fleet of Marshall Darts that are making their final journey across the moors.....

I have to agree there, the SPD's were in Perfect condition. Better than any Marshall Dart. They also had money spent on the with the refurb so it's quite a shame to see them go.

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)