Current time: 29/04/2024, 17:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
mate theres talk in a few depots of stagecoach starting routes and extending ones they got but we have waiting until at least march before we find out for sure

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/12/2012 00:47)skemnational Wrote:  The 375 needs brandnew deckers that aren't going to break down,this route is up there revenue wise with any in north west.

Agreed.
Find all posts by this user
So with suggestions that Southport take on the 395, logistically, how would that work? You'd be looking at around a good 6 hour duty time for joint operation with the 375/385.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(23/12/2012 13:09)CX54 DKD Wrote:  So with suggestions that Southport take on the 395, logistically, how would that work? You'd be looking at around a good 6 hour duty time for joint operation with the 375/385.

Also there is not enough room in the depot for the extra buses , it is rammed solid first thing in the morning As it is, not even to swing a cat.
The 395 should be withdrawn and 375/385 taking over and instead of finish in Ormskirk run to southport,agreed the garage is quite full but there 3 withdrawn buses taking space and a learner that's never out plus there spare space that's never used in the garage
I can tell u now st helens is not gonna sit down and withdraw the 395,then what happens in summer when people go southport and there is heavy traffic up that end causeing the buses to be delayed as ive been up there on loan doing the 375/385 and waited for them coming in anything upto half hour late so think people in skem would like service that would be even more delayed in the summer periods as at least they have an option with the 395 due to it not hitting southport.
Are route timings the issue here? The 300 is certainly badly planned. It's impossible for that service to keep to time. So many drivers hate the 300 for that very reason.
Its the route they take as the amount of traffic is bad sometimes as the route tends to get used as a rat run to get onto the motorway and when the motorway closes its even worse.
Another problem as always been saddle junction and the interworking of the 352/395 due to having to do that one stretch of road 4 times in the one gull round trip.
Out of interest does anyone know what or where the problems with the timings are on 300 route as most of the route is out in the countryside I can see it losing time there, the only place I can see it losing time is between Switch Island and Copy Lane exactly the same places where I think 311 loses time as well.
You would say timings on the 300 could be lost more between Switch Island and Orrell Park depending on the time of day as the Walton Vale area can be a nightmare at times.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)