Current time: 02/05/2024, 13:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
I think you'll find that's it more just a case of their registration plate; word is that head office want everything on R, S and T plates gone by the end of the year with the exception of deckers.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(29/09/2012 20:02)CX54 DKD Wrote:  I think you'll find that's it more just a case of their registration plate; word is that head office want everything on R, S and T plates gone by the end of the year with the exception of deckers.

Pity they don't think the same about the fleet of Marshalls. LOL
(29/09/2012 20:01)Vbg111v Wrote:  It seems a waste especially as they've recently been through P&P. I wonder if they have hidden, costly problems?......

It is that 1 has engine failure one needs a new gear box which is a few grand I'm told and one gets fumes in cab,and the marshals will be next
Thanks Skemnational. Any news on the Strretlight? Have they got it ready for service yet? If destinations/ticket machine are an issue, it could be used on the PR 1/2/3.
47/48/48A-branded Pulsar 2 MX10 BZT (3034) was on the 300 yesterday - definitely not an unusual sight these days!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/michael2770...otostream/

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(29/09/2012 20:07)Vbg111v Wrote:  
(29/09/2012 20:02)CX54 DKD Wrote:  I think you'll find that's it more just a case of their registration plate; word is that head office want everything on R, S and T plates gone by the end of the year with the exception of deckers.

Why do so many people dislike the Marshalls ? As a passenger I find they are no better or worse than Plaxton Darts of a similar age. And from an enthusiast point of view, they add a little bit of variety to the local bus scene.
As a passenger, I find them colder during the winter months than the Plaxton Darts and significantly more prone to violently crash going over some road surfaces and definitely more prone to rattling. Other than that, there's no difference because, after all, they both sit on the same chassis! The Marshalls were and always have been the cheap option though.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
I'd rather drive a good Marshall than a Volvo b7 decker,the streetlight isn't going to go in service by the look of things has no tax or destination equipment and has been here 2 weeks already
(30/09/2012 22:35)Bevan Price Wrote:  
(29/09/2012 20:07)Vbg111v Wrote:  

Why do so many people dislike the Marshalls ? As a passenger I find they are no better or worse than Plaxton Darts of a similar age. And from an enthusiast point of view, they add a little bit of variety to the local bus scene.
Completely agree mate!
Although considering they were the budget option, they have lasted just as long as similarly aged buses with different bodies, and served their time just as well as other Darts. Sure they arent as nice to ride as other Darts, but each bus is different, some have aged better than others, and some have always been crap! You could think of some of the Pulsars in the same way though really! :-P
However Warrington and Halton are testament to the fact they do the job of any other bus just as well really :-)

RIP 96 - YNWA
http://www.otsnews.co.uk/rtc-bus-crash-p...southport/

I hope that the driver is ok.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)