Current time: 27/04/2024, 14:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
11.5m Wrightbus Streetlite DF demonstrator (DRZ 9713) arrived today from Ballymena, its here for around 3 weeks to cover for Pulsar 2 (3044) which is heading over to Wrightbus for some fuel economy testing and modifications, the Streetlite will operate on local daytime services most prob 49's.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/09/2012 12:52)STTDCi Wrote:  11.5m Wrightbus Streetlite DF demonstrator (DRZ 9713) arrived today from Ballymena, its here for around 3 weeks to cover for Pulsar 2 (3044) which is heading over to Wrightbus for some fuel economy testing and modifications, the Streetlite will operate on local daytime services most prob 49's.

Just seen 3044 today on the 44 as well.
A 47/48 branded pulsar on the 300
2723 broke down at Maghull
Also of note 7639 is now here seen
this morning on 43/46
RE: Southport Olympians
Hi,

My curiousity has finally been satisfied I've had a 'wind' and now know all the desties featured on the upper blind of the schools palatine olympians!
I have a feeling this streetlight will hardly be in service had a sit in it before its come with out of date tax can't set destination boards coz there different to ours and there machine has no where to connect,got a feeling arriva won't tax this for 3 weeks
(23/09/2012 00:02)skemnational Wrote:  I have a feeling this streetlight will hardly be in service had a sit in it before its come with out of date tax can't set destination boards coz there different to ours and there machine has no where to connect,got a feeling arriva won't tax this for 3 weeks

any pictures of it at southport
As its on loan arriva dont need to tax it as its still owned by Wright Bus so tax might be there but not installed until the day its out

destinations can bw sorted by email the company who makes them ask for a tempory list they send out the USB and they work (logically)

with machine Supertravel, network Warrington and Arriva St Helens found a way to fit bace plate so should be ok

for the loan it would have been better to send the Volvo B7RLE Wright Eclipse 2 demonstrator as it could be used on more routes and it is the same size as a Pulsar

But Skemnational good luck with the Streetlite
(23/09/2012 08:39)dave4jackie Wrote:  any pictures of it at southport

Yes i have.

2343 broken down on the Formby by pass last night.

[Image: 002a_zps39fb3827.jpg]
(23/09/2012 09:59)Peterw Wrote:  
(23/09/2012 08:39)dave4jackie Wrote:  any pictures of it at southport

Yes i have.

2343 broken down on the Formby by pass last night.

[Image: 002a_zps39fb3827.jpg]

anychance of posting it on here please
(23/09/2012 14:30)dave4jackie Wrote:  anychance of posting it on here please

No.Laugh
(23/09/2012 09:49)P450 SWX Wrote:  for the loan it would have been better to send the Volvo B7RLE Wright Eclipse 2 demonstrator as it could be used on more routes and it is the same size as a Pulsar
See this page: http://www.wright-bus.com/streetlite/options.html. The 11.5m version has, near as makes no difference, the same capacity as a Pulsar and the Streelite will also consume less fuel than a big heavy Volvo single deck. As for the B7RLE being able to go on more routes... Well, I doubt it as I would imagine the actual reason it's being kept local is in case they experience any problems with it.

507009 edit: link fixed.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)