Current time: 04/05/2024, 13:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
I saw a 62-reg hybrid in Southport yesterday (8th) afternoon. Looked like there were a few drivers on board
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
4 Pulsars have arrived on loan for the duration of the Southport Flower Show from Bootle. They are 2923, 2925, 2952 and 3018. It's possible a couple may arrive tomorrow.
(08/08/2018 23:45)Y474 KNF Wrote:  I saw a 62-reg hybrid in Southport yesterday (8th) afternoon. Looked like there were a few drivers on board

Merseyrail are upgrading platforms to take the new trains from 2020 and will be closing stations in batches, starting in October. No doubt they will be using hybrids on rail replacement services over the sections of line closed and the drivers were probably route learning in the Southport area.
Other vehicles on loan for the Flower Shoe are Speke Commanders 2604 ,2605 and 2606.
Bootle loan buses 2952 and 3018 returned from where they came direct from service this evening.
2923 and 2925 will do the same tomorrow.
The Speke Commanders 2604/5/6 will depart back on Monday morning.

Unusually this year loans for the Southport Flower Show have actually operated the special servives instead of being on normal service and Southport's own, incumbant, Pulsars working the 27 and Birkdale park and ride.
(14/08/2018 18:21)Olympian2100 Wrote:  Merseyrail are upgrading platforms to take the new trains from 2020 and will be closing stations in batches, starting in October. No doubt they will be using hybrids on rail replacement services over the sections of line closed and the drivers were probably route learning in the Southport area.

Have MerseyRail given timescales for the stations in question?

I am probably coming to Liverpool in November or December so shall take care with my itinerary accordingly.
(25/08/2018 18:06)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Have MerseyRail given timescales for the stations in question?

I am probably coming to Liverpool in November or December so shall take care with my itinerary accordingly.

Here you go:

https://www.merseyrail.org/platform-upgr...k-map.aspx
2144 is back after its' refurb. It should be entering full revenue service for the first time after spending its first 10 years as a dedicated Park and Ride bus. It's in the new blue rinse livery with e-leather seats and is being kitted out with fare equipment.

Apparently 2143 will follow suit Wednesday or Thursday from the Bodyshop.

2495 and 2497 are relegated to Pool buses but are staying on as paint floats with 2586 and 2587 the next to get painted and trimmed.
(25/08/2018 21:22)B10B6514 Wrote:  2495 and 2497 are relegated to Pool buses but are staying on as paint floats with 2586 and 2587 the next to get painted and trimmed.

Hopefully someone at the depot will swap the nasty front panel under the windscreen off 2624 with one off either 2586 or 2587 before they go for repaint!!
Has 4101 shuffled off ?, saw it a few weeks ago being towed in, and 4214 was working a Southport Schools yesterday

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)