Current time: 02/05/2024, 09:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

PeoplesBus
RE: Peoplesbus
Nice-looking Solo SR Y1 BUS (0101) is on the road again now, after its (long-term) maintenance, in PeoplesBus' new standard livery:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/michael2770...hotostream

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Solo SR Y1BUS (0101) is off the road again. Dart W869YNB is standing in on the 206.

Tridents LV52HHA/B/D/G/J & N300BUS are now in service in all over red.

Tridents LV52HHC/F/T are in service in the new livery.

Single door trident LV52HJA is VOR as are most of the Volvo alexander PS.

From Sunday 27th January all 168 journeys will be operated by Peoplesbus, requiring 4 buses on a Sunday during the daytime.

Everybody knows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word
Find all posts by this user
Tridents LV52 HHC, LV52 HHD and LV52 HHF will be re-registered N400 BUS, N700 BUS and N800 BUS respectively

Credit to the PeoplesBus Facebook page for this information
Was fortunate enough to spot an Endurance-bodied 'X5-THE TRAFFORD CENTRE' racing through Kirkdale, Saturday morning 10:10am.

Pretty certain this was Peoplesbus 0712 (N659 EKD) the Volvo B10B/Wright Endurance with a long history on Merseyside (new as CMT Buses 2012, GTL 2012, StagecoachYRKS 21012 etc).
Bizarrely, it was still displaying '52A' on its side and rear destinations, a route it hasn't covered in over a year!

After doing some research, I found the X5 runs from Maghull towards the City Centre via Netherton, Thornton, Crosby, Waterloo, Seaforth, Bootle, then onwards towards Edge Lane before using the motorways to Manchester.
Weirdly enough, it only operates one journey on the first Saturday of each month!
VERY strange!

Even so, it's nice to see a Volvo B10B back on the streets of Merseyside, two years after Arriva withdrew the last of theirsSmile
(08/01/2013 13:48)mathias Wrote:  Was fortunate enough to spot an Endurance-bodied 'X5-THE TRAFFORD CENTRE' racing through Kirkdale, Saturday morning 10:10am.

Pretty certain this was Peoplesbus 0712 (N659 EKD) the Volvo B10B/Wright Endurance with a long history on Merseyside (new as CMT Buses 2012, GTL 2012, StagecoachYRKS 21012 etc).
Bizarrely, it was still displaying '52A' on its side and rear destinations, a route it hasn't covered in over a year!

After doing some research, I found the X5 runs from Maghull towards the City Centre via Netherton, Thornton, Crosby, Waterloo, Seaforth, Bootle, then onwards towards Edge Lane before using the motorways to Manchester.
Weirdly enough, it only operates one journey on the first Saturday of each month!
VERY strange!

Even so, it's nice to see a Volvo B10B back on the streets of Merseyside, two years after Arriva withdrew the last of theirsSmile

It will indeed have been N659 EKD. And it's been in use on schools services over the last couple of weeks too so not a total absence of B10Bs. Great bus to drive. My second bus I drove when I joined CMT in 2000 on a 156 to Netherton duty. Later driving it on a private hire for Peoplesbus. Still a great bus!
N659 EKD is on the X5 again today Smile
Good old Volvo's still going strong! Wonder what the problem is with the Solo SR , seems to be off the road quite a lot as of late - maybe it needs a flu jab haha

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
(02/02/2013 17:00)Neoplan N4009 Wrote:  Wonder what the problem is with the Solo SR

Its made by optare - surely that expains it all LOL
(02/02/2013 17:23)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  
(02/02/2013 17:00)Neoplan N4009 Wrote:  Wonder what the problem is with the Solo SR

There is enough of these vehicles running with other companies to say that they are good vehicles depending on the work they do .
(03/02/2013 08:26)wirralbus Wrote:  
(02/02/2013 17:23)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  

There is enough of these vehicles running with other companies to say that they are good vehicles depending on the work they do .

To be fair,Solos arnt realy known for reliability.also it appears its now at Bus & Coach World
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gcbp/844084...hotostream
(not my pic)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)