Current time: 18/05/2024, 20:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
Does anybody know what the route will be for the 21 as the notice on the buses state that they will no longer serve beechwood either
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/12/2016 01:33)telf23 Wrote:  Does anybody know what the route will be for the 21 as the notice on the buses state that they will no longer serve beechwood either

In that case, just using 1 vehicle should be okay for the 21, and no doubt driver changes will have to take place at Halton Lea.
I would guess (and it is just a guess) that the 21 will operate via Palace Fields Avenue, like Stagecoach's X2.
If this does happen, I think it could prove to be a serious mistake and might pave the way for the disappearance of the 21, as this route may struggle for patronage, due to being inferior to Stagecoach's X2 (not extending to Cheshire Oaks and Ellesmere Port, as well as Chester) and also their own X30 (not extending to Chester, and not extending to Warrington in the other direction) ... but only time will tell.
I also see this cut as the death knell for the 21, the usual Arriva trick to run a service down to nigh on useless and get rid because surprise surprise, no one's using it.
Well there is no shortage of moaning passengers on this topic, on my X30 the other day almost the whole bus got involved in the 21 conversation. I also noted several posters at a few of the stops along the way instructing passengers to contact there local MP.
2953 is permanant here, with more Pulsars expected, minimum of 1 but possibly up to 3 more. I'm told these are from Wythenshawe.
Runcorn to lose a bus to Birkenhead to help cover the rails, likely to be 2499 as this is technically only a loan.
(29/12/2016 22:03)LT10 Wrote:  2953 is permanant here, with more Pulsars expected, minimum of 1 but possibly up to 3 more. I'm told these are from Wythenshawe.
Runcorn to lose a bus to Birkenhead to help cover the rails, likely to be 2499 as this is technically only a loan.

That's good news to hear more Pulsars are expected.
Agreed this is excellent news. Get them on the 79C.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
2953 was on the X1 yesterday with 2533.
2499 was on the 79C yesterday, the first time that I have seen it since its arrival at Runcorn.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
2499 has not gone to Birkenhead as I thought, and 2545 has gone instead.

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)