Current time: 08/05/2024, 09:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Are Manchester due new buses on the order next year?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(20/09/2016 19:05)Dentonian Wrote:  Unless plans have changed, they are due the princely total of two more Vantage hybrid Streetdecks to release 36279/80 back to the main fleet - and that's it!

Is it me or does it seem that management are allowing FM to fall into thier old ways. After bumper years of investment and decent fleet improvements it seems asif were once again left with the prospects of receiving other groups cascades (or cast offs) that are past there best.
Still a good fleet age here so little investment is needed

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(20/09/2016 21:07)Dentonian Wrote:  I'm sure that drivers and customers in Bury wouldn't agree. Their newest bus is 7.5 years old. Not very good for a pretty sizeable town with many routes getting a hammering day in day out. First Manchester also have 35+ buses too old for TFGM tenders still in service, whilst Stagecoach Manchester (now a bigger company) have just three. First's other problem is the stop-start nature of investment, as they often go 18 months to two years without anything new, when normal life cycles suggest they shoul be getting about 50 new buses a year.

In a way,Manchester having a stop gap could be seen as a good thing for certain areas. I`m sure people from the Likes of Cornwall or Livingston are quite glad they are receiving new buses (in this case both gaining E400MMCs) instead of them getting Cast offs from the Likes of Manchester Or Yorkshire After they got most of the new vehicles (Plus London before the operations got sold off)

Another thing is Profit,I Dont know how much Profit Manchester generates but after giving all the shareholders and whoever else their piece of the profits,would there be enough to cover 50 new buses every year?
(20/09/2016 21:07)Dentonian Wrote:  I'm sure that drivers and customers in Bury wouldn't agree. Their newest bus is 7.5 years old. Not very good for a pretty sizeable town with many routes getting a hammering day in day out. First Manchester also have 35+ buses too old for TFGM tenders still in service, whilst Stagecoach Manchester (now a bigger company) have just three. First's other problem is the stop-start nature of investment, as they often go 18 months to two years without anything new, when normal life cycles suggest they shoul be getting about 50 new buses a year.

This is kind of what I was getting at. If you look back maybe 5/6 years there was a huge divide between Stagecoach and First in Manchester. First were always more expensive, I think at the time there was a £5 difference between weekly tickets yet the investment at first is very patchy.
Solo 53148 operating on the 184 this afternoon.
Lots of interesting workings from Oldham Depot at the moment, yesterday ex Rusholme Streetlite 63107 spent the day on 59s and another one as usual was on 81/81As.

Speaking of Oldham its going to be interesting in the next couple of weeks when major bridgeworks start on the bridge near Oldham College with the by-pass there completley closed from what I can gather generating extra traffic through the town centre and delaying bus services even more especially during the peaks, just hope their planning on re-opening King Street sometime soon only I can't think of an obvious diversion if it stays shut while by-pass is closed

I can't help but think the 29 Enviro400s at Rusholme (or some at least) should be sent to BY or BN and 58-plate B9TLs to come the other way.
(24/09/2016 15:11)stait.john@hotmail.co.uk Wrote:  I can't help but think the 29 Enviro400s at Rusholme (or some at least) should be sent to BY or BN and 58-plate B9TLs to come the other way.

It would be good for Bury to get half of them for the 135, it would have to be frequent but it would work
I think the Bendies work just fine for the 135

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 37 Guest(s)