Current time: 08/05/2024, 23:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Photo of one the vehicles (39238) on Flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nsf323alis...208572011/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(10/01/2016 17:43)SF07 Wrote:  Photo of one the vehicles (39238) on Flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nsf323alis...208572011/

Im still not entirely thinking that bodywork is soothing to the eye , like previous products from this manufacturer .
(10/01/2016 18:10)Dentonian Wrote:  I'm not sitting on the fence. Its probably the ugliest bus ever built, and I don't think the purple livery helps either! Presumably, these pics were taken at Heysham Docks. Curious the photographer has used the term "Premium" Busway. Does he know something the rest of us don't?

I wouldn't agree with the ugliest bus ever built but as Stagecoach's Enviro 400 MMC look great. Its more the colour that makes it ugly a very odd purple.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(10/01/2016 18:10)Dentonian Wrote:  I'm not sitting on the fence. Its probably the ugliest bus ever built, and I don't think the purple livery helps either! Presumably, these pics were taken at Heysham Docks. Curious the photographer has used the term "Premium" Busway. Does he know something the rest of us don't?

The upper-deck seating seems to have a word embossed into the seats too, however I can't make it out myself.
(10/01/2016 20:27)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  The upper-deck seating seems to have a word embossed into the seats too, however I can't make it out myself.
Zooming in on the photo, it looks like "Vantage" or something similar?
The body has grown on me since I first saw it but I still can't make my mind up.
I think its a case with some of these new buses with more squared off bodywork than previous that some of the bus livery designers have to be very imaginative , solid colours sometimes don't work very well with big hefty pillars .
39237 (BL65YZD), & 39245 (BL65YZE) are now at Bolton depot.
Before I forget 40335 operated last nights 20:45 59 Piccadilly-Rushcroft service not often a Solo finds it way onto something like this these days
Although Buses magazine promised us that the Leigh Busway would open in the first quarter of the year, TfGM have just announced that it should open in April. April is mentioned on the second page of this letter.
http://www.tfgm.com/buspriority/Pages/we...110116.pdf

User(s) browsing this thread: 62 Guest(s)