Current time: 08/05/2024, 16:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(16/03/2015 22:43)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  This year vehicle order is due to be officially announced later this month.
It is widely expected to include replacements for the citaro's.

Be interesting what arrives if anything. They seem to be spending a lot on the DDA converts for the Citaros so I personally can't see them all going.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/03/2015 14:12)WWH44L Wrote:  Be interesting what arrives if anything. They seem to be spending a lot on the DDA converts for the Citaros so I personally can't see them all going.

Having said that, the six ex OM ones that are parked up in scrap corner at Bolton probably won't see service again. I can see them being stripped for spares tbh. Ones reported there are:

OM Solo 40683 has also joined them.

60226 was dragged to Bury's scrap line too.
(17/03/2015 13:21)Benzo Wrote:  Have 40403 been finally withdrawn from pioneer?

According to someone on another group 40403 has already gone to Barnsley a couple of weeks back.
40406 was on the 456 today
40406 spends most of its time in Rochdale these days

Another odd working today saw the Oldham Corporation B7 66869 spreading its wings in that it found its way onto a 184 Huddersfield working, not sure if this is true but I have also heard Oldham like Bury Depot are struggling for vehicles at the moment, not sure why though if it is true
(17/03/2015 21:53)M60lad Wrote:  40406 spends most of its time in Rochdale these days

Another odd working today saw the Oldham Corporation B7 66869 spreading its wings in that it found its way onto a 184 Huddersfield working, not sure if this is true but I have also heard Oldham like Bury Depot are struggling for vehicles at the moment, not sure why though if it is true

I reckon who ever is saying that about OM struggling is surely having a laugh, Bury you can understand with the oldest operational fleet at first Manchester and then there is Oldham with one of the most modern along with Bolton, ok if they are struggling they must have been wrecking buses left right and centre
Bury depot really do seem to be struggling at the moment 66914 and a unidentified citaro all seen within 10 mins of me being at Rochdale on the 471 and 60429 on the 163
Not sure whether its been reported but it seems that Bolton have lost both of their Hybrid Optare Versa's and 484 are now run primarly with B7s and evening 12 with either B9s or B7s or whatever's spare or driver might want to take out
40403 has been Scrapped

https://www.flickr.com/photos/61188429@N...otostream/

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
As I might have mentioned in the past the only reason 40406 at Oldham is still going is due to the fact its sort of a Depot Pet as one of the managers there seems to like it and it has only in the past month or so returned to service, personally I would only be too happy if Dukinfield Depot got some replacements for the Cornwall Darts down there so a couple of them could transfer upto Oldham Depot to be used on 415s as Solos can't cope.

User(s) browsing this thread: 39 Guest(s)