Current time: 08/05/2024, 18:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
What a load of political correct rubbish. Who will be paying for these 'non-aggressive' horns? The passenger through fares I expect. All this nonsense because people not being cautious, what ever happened to people taking responsibilities.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Further news regarding 36300 disappearance for the last week or so and its reappearance on Saturday, apparently from what I was informed it received a broken window (not sure how) and as Oldham Depot didn't have one in stock it had to be specially ordered and delivered.
(30/11/2014 19:31)Polo Mint Wrote:  What a load of political correct rubbish. Who will be paying for these 'non-aggressive' horns? The passenger through fares I expect. All this nonsense because people not being cautious, what ever happened to people taking responsibilities.

Couldn't agree more. First need to get their priorities right and ban their own drivers from using thier mobile phones in cabs before worrying about pedestrians crossing the road. A horn is a horn it's there to give a warning.
Can anyone tell me what engines the streetlights have please. i went on one today and couldnt figure it out.
Could someone clarify the current allocation of the Streetlites please. I have seen some mention of operations from Oldham but no specifics. 47467-81 were initially allocated to Ashton.

Many thanks in advance.
(03/12/2014 19:02)BHA Wrote:  Could someone clarify the current allocation of the Streetlites please. I have seen some mention of operations from Oldham but no specifics. 47467-81 were initially allocated to Ashton.

Many thanks in advance.

The majority are still at Dukinfield and Ashton sees the most activity but 4 (I think) are on long term loan (I suppose you'd call it) at Oldham.
Most of the time they tend to crop up on Oldhams workings of the 350, easily recognisable as they carry 'on hire' stickers in the windows, but they do crop up on other Oldham services too!
Quite a few changes on VOSA today for First services in January 2015. Wondering whether it's going to be possible that First may reverse their changes to services in east Oldham as there are Route and Timetable changes for the 81/81A, 350 and 415 services (415 registration still saying Holts from before the route was curtailed to Oldham).

PC0003680/101 - FIRST MANCHESTER LTD T/A FIRST, WALLSHAW STREET, OLDHAM, OL1 3TR
Variation Accepted: Operating between Holts Estate and Middleton Bus Station given service number 415 effective from 25-Jan-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PC0003680/149 - FIRST MANCHESTER LTD T/A FIRST, WALLSHAW STREET, OLDHAM, OL1 3TR
Variation Accepted: Operating between Manchester Piccadilly and Derker/Holts Estate given service number 81/81A effective from 25-Jan-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PC0004846/46 - FIRST PIONEER BUS LTD T/A FIRST ROCHDALE, WALLSHAW STREET, OLDHAM, OL1 3TR
Variation Accepted: Operating between Ashton Bus Station and Oldham Bus Station given service number 350 effective from 25-Jan-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.
63107 spent today on the 474. I tried to get it but it hid around the corner and let 60251 take all the passengers from Bury interchange before going through without stopping.
What is a Streetlite doing in Bury?
My mate said it is due to a fleet shortage, but that would've been the only chance of doing more than 20 on one (apparently it managed 50 between Brandlesholme - Longsight Rd).

User(s) browsing this thread: 49 Guest(s)