Current time: 30/04/2024, 23:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(13/10/2014 15:48)Dentonian Wrote:  Seemingly not!

I use a Unirider and live in Droylsden........... Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/10/2014 12:30)Mayneway Wrote:  I do agree with a lot of what your saying. First and Stagecoach are both similar sized national operators but First seem very faceless compared to Stagecoach - you only have to compare thier twitter pages to see who has a better response to complaints and queries.
Don't get me wrong First have come along way in the last years but reputation sticks. They took over a failing business (Finglands) and went for the easy option of throwing brand new vehicles on to ex Finglands routes and the age old dropping fares and increasing frequencies but it's actually passengers habits they need to change.

Management may have changed but some things don't. Like the running out of service if more than 5 minutes late. Driver attitude is also poor towards passengers probably due to low moral, this is backed by the fact so many long term drivers are defecting to Stagecoach - probably because they see a long term future with them.

I think the fact is Stagecoach dominate the Wilmslow road corridor and also the student market in Manchester, they have years on First down there, they are good at what they do so why should students switch. I personally think that the comments made by EYMS management blaiming UK North for the demise of Finglands was exaggerated slightly. Yes they caused some damage but I think it's hard for any operator large or small to compete with Stagecoach at that level.
The problem with First's 41 service from Manchester to Sale is that from 16:11 until 18:11 there is supposed to be a 10-minute frequency, whilst from Sale it is only every 20 minutes, and many of those journeys are missing. As most if not all buses are running 'out of service' back to their depot in Rusholme why don't they operate 'in service' as a 'part journey' so passengers in Sale are not left 'high & dry'?
(13/10/2014 22:07)John I Wrote:  The problem with First's 41 service from Manchester to Sale is that from 16:11 until 18:11 there is supposed to be a 10-minute frequency, whilst from Sale it is only every 20 minutes, and many of those journeys are missing. As most if not all buses are running 'out of service' back to their depot in Rusholme why don't they operate 'in service' as a 'part journey' so passengers in Sale are not left 'high & dry'?

Might be something worth mentioning to First themselves. I imagine that some of the peak-time journeys running late are the cross-city journeys, which may getting delayed in Salford and the city centre, particularly with the diversion sending buses into queuing traffic on Princess Street.
Just been on ex first manchester X611 NBU, it is now with reliance in York, will upload pic on Friday.
I thought first scrapped their buses?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonesy3001/

If it's not in london they dont want to know
Rosso have somehow acquired five ex First Volvo B7TL - Plaxton Presidents. They have the light blue handrails and purple/green seats found on most earlier First stock. These are 111 - 114 (& possibly 115). I have also seen a Citaro G at Manchester Airport today that looked like it had the same interior (I saw it off a bridge but could easily identify the seat patterns.

Does anyone know how these have managed to go to other operators?
According to the Rosso blug they were purchased from Go-Ahead London, however Go-Ahead Group purchased some of FirstGroup's London depots when they were withdrawing operations from the capital.

http://www.rossobus.com/enthusiasts
Is that similar to what happened in Wigan, Chester & Wirral?
40403 collided with a car outside Tesco roundabout Stalybridge.
Could spell the end of 40403
(16/10/2014 14:51)Benzo Wrote:  40403 collided with a car outside Tesco roundabout Stalybridge.
Could spell the end of 40403

Woah, glad I photographed that today. It was on 348 heading towards Stalybridge... at 11am it was. But just looked at the picture and it was blurred Angry
Wasn't that one of the last of the old Plaxton Pointer Darts in service?

(16/10/2014 14:14)VolvoB10M Wrote:  Is that similar to what happened in Wigan, Chester & Wirral?

Yes I think so, and Stagecoach could sell the ex-First buses whenever they like.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)