Current time: 03/05/2024, 21:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(12/08/2014 09:22)acocker96 Wrote:  Think the whole batch is going there

Thanks for that.
Pete
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/08/2014 15:47)pete tierney Wrote:  Thanks for that.
Pete

it would make more sense as well for some reason when the entire 12-reg Olympic batch was shared out between OM and BN a single Enviro400 ended up down south for some reason where its a complete one off in their fleet
Ye, also didn't one of Yorkshire's Olympic Gemini 2's end up at Oldham?
I think there are 2 at Oldham, when I was getting one at first I was hoping the had Voith transmissions like the Lothian B9TL's.
I believe the Lothian B9/Voith combo was done at their behest as a special order, as was probably also the case with the B7RLEs they run.
I think First might have also had some in London.
9 of the 12-plate Enviro400s are in Plymouth, I've heard rumours they are due to leave however so whether they will come North I am unsure. They are currently used on a Park & Ride contract.

2 of the 100 Volvo B9TLs (12-plate) are at OM, 36279/80. And yes some First London B9s allegedly had Voiths but I cannot confirm this.

27 Enviro400s are due for Rusholme, 33831-33857. Due to space constraints, I imagine once they're fit for service then they'll enter service (once enough drivers are type trained) and Streetlites will be replaced on a 1 for 1 basis ad sent to QS.

Hop this helps

John
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anFbO0UPX34 This is one, It has the longer gears and has a higher engine RPM before changing gears, the retarder sound is also similar to Stagecoach Enviro 400's, Rosso Presidents etc.
Interesting sighting tonight was of Gemini Hybrid 39220 out on Metroshuttle 1s about 17:15, not sure if anything had broken down during the day or whether it had been routed out on there allday

Regarding the Enviro 400s does anybody know what's happening with 33788, I know it went back to Dennis's at Guilford but anyone know whether its still there or has it gone elsewhere
66918 and 66928 seen entering Bolton Depot before, both being driven by mechanics

5 new Enviro400s parked with there roofs exposed to Rishton Lane is a brave move for First Bolton, as vandalism is popular from this vantage point, lets hope before these buses move to Rusholme, they stay intacted

User(s) browsing this thread: 26 Guest(s)