Current time: 03/05/2024, 08:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(07/06/2014 19:44)Benzo Wrote:  More on the 58 and 83 today
34102 on 58
34092/8 on 83
+ 40329 on 59s

I saw one of the B7TL's on the 83.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(08/06/2014 10:07)Dentonian Wrote:  Following comments I made about the UK-Buses Fleet list site under Stagecoach, I've been asked to post some observations/corrections to that site, pertaining to First Manchester. This came about due to a number of errors dating back mostly to the time First acquired Finglands, including the Rusholme depot. At that time, a few exLondon/Glasgow Presidents were shown as in service at Bolton - None of the type ever saw service there - and 27 Enviro400s were shown as due at Queens Road imminently.
As regards the Enviro400s, as discussed on various sites their status is not known for sure, but it is believed that any due for Manchester (or any other First company) that have not yet entered service, will go to Glasgow for the Commonwealth Games first. Therefore, there is no point in jumping to conclusions until after the CG.
As I understand it, all Presidents with the possible exception of 32906 are now in service at Rusholme. Certainly, 32926 shown on the UK-B list as reserve, is in service, as its one of the few I've actually seen earning its keep.
Other, more recent errors I have spotted are 42941 shown as back at Devon & Cornwall. This is still at Pennine AFAIK, and I think it was one of the pair I saw in Ashton last Saturday. Conversely, 62904/5 are still shown as expected to go to Devon & Cornwall. However, this exchange (with 42942/3) was cancelled some months ago, and these two B7RLEs continue in service at Oldham.
Finally, 69566/7 are shown as still at Bury. However, these transferred to Bradford at the same time as 69568/71/2/3 last month.

hth
Dentonian,

Thanks for your updates & other information. I am just one of a number of people who attempt to keep the UK Buses "First" site up to date & I have amended the entries you have supplied. As regards 69566/7 I knew they were due to go to Bradford but was awaiting confirmation that they have gone, which you have provided. The same thing sort of applies to the swap with Devon, I needed confirmation. As I live in the Midlands I can't get around to all the various First area's as often as I would like, but make every effort I can including Devon/Cornwall & Scotland & everywhere in-between.
I take on board your comments regards the Enviro400s. I was advised by a normally very good source that they are due for the Manchester division, I didn't specify any particular garage as I didn't know & only advised them as "on order". I was aware about the Games arrangements. I do make every effort to get the information I provide as accurate as I can but it is a major task attempting to keep tabs on the thousands of vehicles. Comments like yours really do help as you are obviously closer to the action in the Manchester area than I am. Thanks again. Pete.
(08/06/2014 14:29)pete tierney Wrote:  Dentonian,

Thanks for your updates & other information. I am just one of a number of people who attempt to keep the UK Buses "First" site up to date & I have amended the entries you have supplied. As regards 69566/7 I knew they were due to go to Bradford but was awaiting confirmation that they have gone, which you have provided. The same thing sort of applies to the swap with Devon, I needed confirmation. As I live in the Midlands I can't get around to all the various First area's as often as I would like, but make every effort I can including Devon/Cornwall & Scotland & everywhere in-between.
I take on board your comments regards the Enviro400s. I was advised by a normally very good source that they are due for the Manchester division, I didn't specify any particular garage as I didn't know & only advised them as "on order". I was aware about the Games arrangements. I do make every effort to get the information I provide as accurate as I can but it is a major task attempting to keep tabs on the thousands of vehicles. Comments like yours really do help as you are obviously closer to the action in the Manchester area than I am. Thanks again. Pete.

Hi 69566/7 were withdrawn from Bury along with the others taken to Bolton Depot, they are now at Bradford information provided Via Bury Depot based driver, Bury Depot have know recieved 6 B7 buses from Oldham as replacements for the 13 Plate. The situation regarding the outstanding darts consisting of 42942/3 have been placed on hold due to disagreements with management over the swapped buses, again information comes from Oldham depot and Bolton Depot sources.
incidently 69420 still at Bury as a loan
B9s 37387/388 are both supposedly at Oldham, whether they're both loans
(09/06/2014 00:00)Benzo Wrote:  B9s 37387/388 are both supposedly at Oldham, whether they're both loans

Don't quote me but I'm sure they were loaned to MR for cover on the 41s and always we're destined to be Oldham buses from pioneer.
(09/06/2014 19:51)Dentonian Wrote:  And I've just spotted my bout of Dyslexia; "62904/5" should of course read 69204/5. Sorry for any confusion.

I did notice that, but I knew what you meant, no problem.
ps if you haven't already, have you considered registering to update the UK-Buses site, its easy to do & your knowledge would be appreciated.
Noted 66844 & 66855 both carrying Oldham depot stickers, on 524 Bury - Bolton service. Have these been transferred or are they on loan to Bury ?
I have seen 34104 on 135 in Bury, I have a photo of it I took but can't post it since my Flickr account appears to have been hacked.
Saw a 36/37 branded Enviro400 (may have been 33726) heading past Tesco Extra on Chester Road heading towards Stretford at around 5.15pm this afternoon. Certainly was an unusual sight seeing a First double decker heading along Chester Road

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)