Current time: 29/04/2024, 16:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(15/05/2014 18:33)SF07 Wrote:  *Salford Shopping Centre on services 31, 67 and 100.

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/greater_...741&conf=0

Surprised they didnt include service 110 from Manchester - Salford as a chance to get a few passengers from Arriva 10
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(15/05/2014 17:08)Dentonian Wrote:  Unfortunately, reporting planned moves as actually happening is a common problem and I would ask that people at least get their present and future tenses sorted before reporting such things. Plans *do* change for various reasons. For instance a planned move involving another local operator changed late because the first bus involved had a major defect, and was substituted with another bus at the last minute. Didn't stop a certain monthly magazine publishing the original plans as having happened.

I shall consider myself told then shall I, there is nothing wrong with my information that is posted on here, miss worded and miss quoted yes ok. But not in anyway un true. Look facts are solos are required for Oldham to update the older vehicles, these are supposed to come from pioneer, according to official first sources. Even if it turns out to be different, Oldham are still going to get updated solos I'd guess from elsewhere, so that's the official plan, not one that I made up
(15/05/2014 11:52)james Wrote:  ok misworded by us both they may be dues to go to om but hadnt at time of writing as had been seen duki have lost 40327 tho not seen out for 10+days dont know where it is.
also because a driver says so doesnt make it gospel as we all know first have a habit of plan a and right at the eleventh hour change it to plan f (for fail) it seems lol

40327 on the evening/night 408s tonight
(16/05/2014 20:23)Benzo Wrote:  40327 on the evening/night 408s tonight

it lives lol
http://www.ensignbus.com/1999-dennis-trident-2.html
Anyone know anything about this?
They were part of the First Midlands business that was sold to Diamond, as far as I know none have been retained and all sold in some form or another, at least one has gone for scrap.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
(17/05/2014 13:08)CX06 EBK Wrote:  They were part of the First Midlands business that was sold to Diamond, as far as I know none have been retained and all sold in some form or another, at least one has gone for scrap.

just weird seeing a first vehicle up for sale
Maybe they could be changing their ideas to more like Stagecoach, I have noticed more ex first buses going for preservation and less going into extinction.

Is 37551 still at Bury? I haven't seen it for a while.
(17/05/2014 14:12)acocker96 Wrote:  just weird seeing a first vehicle up for sale

Well, it was acquired with the business so doesn't come under First's policy of scrapping vehicles.
(17/05/2014 17:22)joe_alker Wrote:  Well, it was acquired with the business so doesn't come under First's policy of scrapping vehicles.

How do they get away with preserving vehicles?

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)