Current time: 04/05/2024, 20:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(07/05/2014 21:07)M60lad Wrote:  Not sure if loan or transfer but 69420 is now at Bury Depot and was seen by myself today operating on 98

Andrew some B7s are moving to Bury because Oldham are gaining B7tls from Rusholme and Bury's 13 plate B7s are moving to Bradford so chances are it's something to do with that
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(07/05/2014 21:11)37554BY Wrote:  Andrew some B7s are moving to Bury because Oldham are gaining B7tls from Rusholme and Bury's 13 plate B7s are moving to Bradford so chances are it's something to do with that
34092 operating route 6 in Rochdale today. Also 30957 seen in Rochdale (is this one of the ex Rusholme vehicles?).
(07/05/2014 22:00)John I Wrote:  34092 operating route 6 in Rochdale today. Also 30957 seen in Rochdale (is this one of the ex Rusholme vehicles?).

30957 is ex Rusholme yes
(07/05/2014 21:11)37554BY Wrote:  Andrew some B7s are moving to Bury because Oldham are gaining B7tls from Rusholme and Bury's 13 plate B7s are moving to Bradford so chances are it's something to do with that

Only two B7TLs going to Oldham, 30957 and 30962.
(07/05/2014 23:18)WWH44L Wrote:  Only two B7TLs going to Oldham, 30957 and 30962.

But yet Oldham are sending 6 B7s to Bury

Quite conflicting Info on the B7tls and the buses going to BY if only two go surely they leaves Oldham short
(07/05/2014 23:24)37554BY Wrote:  But yet Oldham are sending 6 B7s to Bury

Quite conflicting Info on the B7tls and the buses going to BY if only two go surely they leaves Oldham short

Thats what I thought but it was confirmed that it's just the two to OM last weekend.

B7RLEs to BY from OM are: 66836/44/6/53/6 with 66855 to follow.

Trident 32908 is now in service at Rusholme following repairs at BN

B10BLE 60405 is back at QS from Rotherham following DDA Mods with 60818 going back there.
(07/05/2014 20:09)james Wrote:  because they just put 039 in 39 tydesly is 1st ashton 2nd hazelhurst 3rd they often assume its the first one and dont realise there is 2 routes
this could well start appearing on 41s as well now
50pts to the person who phots a 41 with wrong route on it

Happened a few times when First ran the 562 between Oldham and Halifax and occasionally would display '562 Withins circular'.

There are two displays for the 42 to East Didsbury: one for services from Manchester (East Didsbury via Rusholme) and one for services from NMGH (East Didsbury via Piccadilly, Rusholme). Have seen drivers on one service putting on the display for the other service.
Interesting sight earlier Bury depot citaro passing through Ainsworth Village with route learning on the destination with two stagecoach guys on board. Due to the stagecoach high vis vest being visible
The 41/42 services seem to be reasonably busy, but with £1 tickets it is hardly surprising.

The 42 appears to be more frequent than 10 mins, unless I've just seen a few of them bunching up.

I think the real success or failures of these routes will in in September when the new University term time starts and it will be key attracting new students to these routes.

I have been impressed by marketing particularly the 'Manchester through and through' branding and have heard radio advertisements also.
(10/05/2014 16:51)Dentonian Wrote:  For most of the day, there is a 10 minute service between Parrs Wood on top of the Parrs Wood-NMGH through service.
As for September, don't forget MMU is moving to Birley Fields in Hulme, so there will be a reduction in Student numbers on the Wilmslow Road corridor.

but with this the 53 will benefit the students still at residences in student parts of fallofield

with this there maybe a possibility of increasing frequency on the longsight - salford section

User(s) browsing this thread: 27 Guest(s)