Current time: 30/04/2024, 01:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Streetlites micro hybrid 63146-56 are at Queens Road ready to move to Rusholme in a weeks time
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
VerÅ· likely to be streetlamp movements out of Rusholme, likely to QS, as Rusholme have no space for extras right now
(18/04/2014 21:19)Mayneway Wrote:  Spotted one tonight on the 408 and have to say they look really smart in the dark. Just the way they are lit up in a cool blue colour giving then a very modern look. I presume the interior lighting is LED?

I wonder whether route 408 has had a Pioneer allocation added? I thought it was all operated by Oldham.

(19/04/2014 21:46)37554BY Wrote:  Streetlites micro hybrid 63146-56 are at Queens Road ready to move to Rusholme in a weeks time

These will be the first Streetlites for First that I know of definitely designated as Micro Hybrid. Mind you, there are hints that their allocation will be temporary pending new Enviro400s on route 42 later in the summer.
(19/04/2014 21:52)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I wonder whether route 408 has had a Pioneer allocation added? I thought it was all operated by Oldham.

These will be the first Streetlites for First that I know of definitely designated as Micro Hybrid. Mind you, there are hints that their allocation will be temporary pending new Enviro400s on route 42 later in the summer.

Humm could be the only official temporary allocation of streetlamps at Rusholme so far is there existing ones, which should finally move to Queens Road
(19/04/2014 21:52)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I wonder whether route 408 has had a Pioneer allocation added? I thought it was all operated by Oldham.

I think Pioneer operate the evening and possibly Sunday service on the 408, James will be able to comfirm.
(19/04/2014 21:52)Metroline1511 Wrote:  These will be the first Streetlites for First that I know of definitely designated as Micro Hybrid.
The first production ones perhaps, but there has been an evaluation Micro Hybrid-equipped StreetLite with them in Hampshire for a while.

If the propaganda put out by Wrights regarding fuel savings is true, then combined with other factors I would expect more StreetLites to be sold with Micro Hybrid than without in the future.

Monday-Saturday daytime service is operated by Oldham depot, evening and Sunday service by Pioneer. Same should apply after next week when the service is extended to Droylsden.
How many streetlites have entered service in Manchester now and where can I find them and which routes?
(20/04/2014 15:08)E208 WBG Wrote:  How many streetlites have entered service in Manchester now and where can I find them and which routes?

Not exactly sure on numbers as more are entering service all the time but Rusholme and Dukinfield have the Streetlites so Piccadilly gardens or Wilmslow road for the longer versions and Ashton bus station for the shorter ones.
(20/04/2014 15:08)E208 WBG Wrote:  How many streetlites have entered service in Manchester now and where can I find them and which routes?

Most of the Rusholme`s routes (41/2,99,157)

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)