Current time: 29/04/2024, 06:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Surely if the bells aren't working then the bus shouldn't be on the road, this is one of the things that VOSA check and if they find that any or all of the bell pushes aren't working then its a case of a PG9 and this bus is then returned to depot to be repaired, I've known drivers myself in the past that have refused to drive buses with non working bells
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The bells were working shortly after leaving shudehill but then heading up but new road they died.
I went on 60253 on Friday and noticed it had an entire new bell system as well as LED displays.
(01/04/2014 19:02)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  Apparently the 11 new Streetlites (63146-63156), that are currently parked-up at Bolton, are for use on the improved service 42 at Rusholme. Also there are 27 ADL/Enviro400 due in the summer.

My hunch is that these Enviro400s will initially help out in Glasgow for the Commonwealth Games, then upgrade route 42 in time for the Uni term starting in the Autumn.

Mind you, I wonder whether some are for route 582 or for an early start on some TfGM cross-city routes?
(12/04/2014 19:17)Metroline1511 Wrote:  My hunch is that these Enviro400s will initially help out in Glasgow for the Commonwealth Games, then upgrade route 42 in time for the Uni term starting in the Autumn.

Mind you, I wonder whether some are for route 582 or for an early start on some TfGM cross-city routes?

More Enviro400s in Bolton is possible but doesn't that displace some existing buses, mind you it won't be popular with the drivers because I can think of some drivers at BN, who are not a lover of the Enviro400s at all.

Official first allocation list showed these new Enviro400s for Rushlome but on reflection it doesn't make much sense for them to go there. If they do what happens to the B7s, etc. would have to be movements
Perhaps they will go to Rusholme and the Streetlites will pass to other depots. Wasn't Queens Rd supposed to be getting Streetlites?

Also what happened to the B7 Eclipse single deckers with leather seats etc that were parked up at Bolton?
(13/04/2014 17:48)Polo Mint Wrote:  Perhaps they will go to Rusholme and the Streetlites will pass to other depots. Wasn't Queens Rd supposed to be getting Streetlites?

Also what happened to the B7 Eclipse single deckers with leather seats etc that were parked up at Bolton?

69566/7/8 69571/2/3 are staying in service at Bury at least for the foreseable future

69569/70/74/75/76/77/78 transferred to FIrst Halifax

Queens Road was to originally get the streetlites that went to Rusholme first but that was changed.

Interestingly Queens Road will be operating the 41 for 7 weeks so that will mean some of the new streetlites will be based there in the short term.
60262 and 60256 latest Bury Depot DDA converts with 60245 and 60257 there this week
37414 now with Queens Road with cared for by Manchester depot stickers applied
First's service changes are now listed on their website.

Looks like that the 42 will be running every 5 mins between East Didsbury and Manchester with alternative journeys continuing to NMGH.

From First:

Quote:Improved frequency between Manchester Piccadilly and East Didsbury, with buses:
*up to every 5 minutes Monday to Saturday daytimes
*up to every 7/8 minutes Monday to Saturday evenings and Sunday daytimes
*every 10 minutes Sunday evenings

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/greater_...051&conf=0

Those changes to the 42 means they'll go from 3 buses per hour to 12 between Manchester and East Didsbury and from 9 per hour up to 18 per hour between Withington and Manchester (18 during term time, 15 during holidays).

User(s) browsing this thread: 30 Guest(s)