Current time: 02/05/2024, 13:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Most frequency to where?

I believe the 135 must be the highest frequency routes, 83, 409, 36 and 37 are pretty frequent as well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/03/2014 21:10)Polo Mint Wrote:  Most frequency to where?

I believe the 135 must be the highest frequency routes, 83, 409, 36 and 37 are pretty frequent as well.

Anywhere in the greater manchester area, was thinking of having a ride out on saturday somewhere were not much hanging around
I think the 135 is every 5 mins, the 83 every 7/8 mins, the 36/37 are also very frequent.

To be honest if you go on any major route corridor then the route will be at least every 10 mins.
(12/03/2014 23:40)Polo Mint Wrote:  I think the 135 is every 5 mins, the 83 every 7/8 mins, the 36/37 are also very frequent.

To be honest if you go on any major route corridor then the route will be at least every 10 mins.

thought the 135 was every 7-10 mins

180/4 Is also every 7/8 Mins,88/89 is about every 5 Mins combined & also 17/18 is very frequent
The most frequent corridor is definitely the one between Manchester and Pendleton, with bus services 8/36/37/67/100 amongst other service numbers each running between every 10 and 15 minutes, giving 26 buses per hour. Add the 32, 50 (stagecoach), X34 and that's a further 10, so 36 buses per hour via that route. That to me is a massive amount of buses! :P

Manchester to Newton Heath/Broadway routes 24/83/180/181/182/184 is 22 buses per hour.

17/18/163 between Manchester and Middleton is 18 buses per hour.

135 is between every 5-10 minutes, about 10 buses per hour.

Hope this helps! Smile

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
(12/03/2014 23:59)P528LND Wrote:  17/18/163 between Manchester and Middleton is 18 buses per hour.

change that to Manchester - Queens park & youve also got 81/81A,88/9 What adds a further 12 Buses an hour + the JPT/Stagecoach services
(12/03/2014 18:44)Polo Mint Wrote:  According to a different forum First has lost tendered service 99 (acquired from Finglands), and will reduce route 41 (Piccadilly to Sale) from every 10 mins to every 20 mins. Apparently route 42 will be extended from Piccadilly to NMGH.

I can't vouch for the accuracy of these claims, but considering Finglands was loss making then changes were to be expected.

I hope that First don't end up moving many of Rusholme's fleet to other depots because of these losses & reductions on the 99 & 41.
63116 operating a 42 left Parswood, Manchester bound, this morning at 0800 & there wasn't a soul on it. Granted it had only left Parswood 5 minutes earlier, but to have no one on it was bad.
(12/03/2014 20:07)Polo Mint Wrote:  Really? That sounds good, a decent frequency is needed against all those Stagecoach and Magic Buses.

Do you have any more details? Or any idea when this will be announced?

I agree. I must have seen 8+ Stagecoach or Magic buses, Manchester bound on Wilmslow Rd this morning between The Christie & East Didsbury. It's a 15 minute walk between the two or a 5 minute drive. One Firstbus, as I mentioned on the previous post is all that passed me.
As much as I would like to see many more First buses competing, is there really enough passengers for it?
(13/03/2014 10:32)YSV-205 Wrote:  I agree. I must have seen 8+ Stagecoach or Magic buses, Manchester bound on Wilmslow Rd this morning between The Christie & East Didsbury. It's a 15 minute walk between the two or a 5 minute drive. One Firstbus, as I mentioned on the previous post is all that passed me.
As much as I would like to see many more First buses competing, is there really enough passengers for it?

Yep its a busy corridor, but maybe the low frequency is causing a lack of passengers.

Perhaps something creative could be done, such as extending the route from Parrs Wood to Stockport, Reddish or Cheadle or something like that.
(13/03/2014 13:02)Polo Mint Wrote:  Yep its a busy corridor, but maybe the low frequency is causing a lack of passengers.

Perhaps something creative could be done, such as extending the route from Parrs Wood to Stockport, Reddish or Cheadle or something like that.

You could have hit the nail on the head there Polo Mint. The low frequency could be to blame. Perhaps they need time to be more recognizable in South Manchester. The way to do that is to flood Wilmslow Rd & beyond with First buses.

As a side note to this, do bus companies have to prove that extra buses are needed on certain routes to be allowed to put extra buses on a given route? Or is it up to the company to decide what they want to do?

User(s) browsing this thread: 41 Guest(s)