Current time: 27/04/2024, 21:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
I have had a look on flickr for some photos of pure First buses in service on ex-Finglands routes. I entered "First Manchester Streetlite" and came across a few photos, of which this may be the most interesting:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76506523@N0...hF9-jViUz6

I tried this with President and ALX400 but did not come across any such photos of buses in service. So either nobody has uploaded any yet, or the operation is all Streetlite on Sundays. I gather the only vehicle types there will be Trident-President, Volvo B7TL-ALX400 and long Streetlite.

I forgot to say last week that on Mon 24 Feb I was surprised to see Volvo B10BLE 62241 operating on route 22, pulling out of Stockport bus station! At the same time a Solo arrived on route 380 or 381. Both had old First livery, which within Greater Manchester is no longer often seen outside Ashton.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/03/2014 19:37)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I have had a look on flickr for some photos of pure First buses in service on ex-Finglands routes. I entered "First Manchester Streetlite" and came across a few photos, of which this may be the most interesting:

Saw my first First Streetlite today, I must say, they look fantastic.

[Image: tumblr_mxlljfQAtc1se7of4o1_500.png]
Jack
I have seen a few now (although they weren't in service) and they look rather odd.

What happened to the Enviro200/300 that came with the Streetlite that were stored at Bolton or somewhere?
For those of you interested, 63106 was amongst those working on the 41 today!

[Image: 13045706183_627e1cff2b_z.jpg]

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
(09/03/2014 19:44)MX05 CKN Wrote:  Saw my first First Streetlite today, I must say, they look fantastic.

I agree with you MX05 CKN. I saw one passing another through Withington Village yesterday at about 1200 ish, 63103 & 63105, looking great.
They are great buses although they look a little ugly compared to the good old Solo's.

Surprised to see at least one still in service in Ashton this morning on 350's, I had assumed all would be deployed to Wilmslow rd over the weekend.
(10/03/2014 12:25)Mayneway Wrote:  They are great buses although they look a little ugly compared to the good old Solo's.

Surprised to see at least one still in service in Ashton this morning on 350's, I had assumed all would be deployed to Wilmslow rd over the weekend.

"Surprised to see at least one in service in Ashton.... I had assumed all would be deployed to Wilmslow rd over the weekend."

I didn't know that Rusholme were expecting Dukinfield's Solos. Confused
(10/03/2014 12:55)YSV-205 Wrote:  "Surprised to see at least one in service in Ashton.... I had assumed all would be deployed to Wilmslow rd over the weekend."

I didn't know that Rusholme were expecting Dukinfield's Solos. Confused

They arn't. Smile

A number of Streetlites were temporally used at Dukinfield over the last couple of weeks before the big takeover at Rusholme this weekend just gone, however one Steetlite is still in use today at Dukinfield.
(10/03/2014 14:18)Mayneway Wrote:  They arn't. Smile

A number of Streetlites were temporally used at Dukinfield over the last couple of weeks before the big takeover at Rusholme this weekend just gone, however one Steetlite is still in use today at Dukinfield.

Sorry mate. I misunderstood your post.
41782 on a school service today normally operated with Yellow Versas or Citaros, looked packed Confused

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)