Current time: 08/05/2024, 18:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Bolton Darts 31918 and 31922 driving through Ainsworth village today. Not seen these in Ainsworth since BN did the 510
Quote this message in a reply
To throw a spanner into the discussion, this has been mentioned on the GM Buses group:

Quote:This merry-go-round never stops does it?! LOL! Our unions have brought this up with higher management and they have issued a statement to all depots/areas basically telling us that the info in the media (passenger transport included) is purely speculation. There are places 'being looked at' but these may or may not come to fruition, as NO decision has yet been made regarding disposals of any sort...

Hope this helps clear the water somewhat...
Find all posts by this user
If first, are not careful the 512/513 routes will become the darts route,

40342 on 512
40405 on 512

cheap skates its a hybrid route, not a put your old crap on this route lol :-)
thats why they got the 561/562 :P LND heaven, they might as well scrap them in withins!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
37422 broke down this afternoon on Broad Street in Salford. Recovery vehicle seem to take a while to arrive. Went past it heading away from Manchester at 4.30pm where it was standing with its engine cover open and it was still there again about 2 hours later when heading back to Manchester, although a Bolton-based recovery vehicle was making its way past Salford University a couple of mins later.

Also, a Citaro (60243) was out on the 135 at around 7pm, which might not have been the best vehicle to use given the amount of people travelling to Heaton Park for the Stone Roses gig.
Is Maytrees 31 meant to be a Hybrid Route only one of their Hybrid Versa's was out on the route today

Other news is that Buses were majorly affected by both traffic trying to get to Heaton Park for Stone Roses Concert and normal rush hour traffic with some journeys taking double the amount of time they would normally do, I was in Prestwich at about 17:20 tonight and Bury New Road just resembled a car park in both directions, and the roundabout at J17 M62 was virtually at capacity with extremely slow moving traffic on all approaches. When I got to Bury it didnt seem too bad but for some reason about 4 524s arrived at Interchange in the space of 10 minutes, also there were buses parked on various stands going nowhere and at least one bus complete with driver was parked up on Moss Street out of service.

I did hear from one Bury driver (not to sure how true this was) that apparently 135 were suspended for a short period of times this afternoon/evening due to the concert traffic.

Other news is that Oldham Depot B7 66863 is one B7 to be best avoided if anyone sees it in service as its extremely sluggish, in fact if its allocated to a late board and depending what route that board is on its not unusual for a driver to swap it over for a quicker vehicle
(29/06/2012 22:07)M60lad Wrote:  Is Maytrees 31 meant to be a Hybrid Route only one of their Hybrid Versa's was out on the route today

Other news is that Buses were majorly affected by both traffic trying to get to Heaton Park for Stone Roses Concert and normal rush hour traffic with some journeys taking double the amount of time they would normally do, I was in Prestwich at about 17:20 tonight and Bury New Road just resembled a car park in both directions, and the roundabout at J17 M62 was virtually at capacity with extremely slow moving traffic on all approaches. When I got to Bury it didnt seem too bad but for some reason about 4 524s arrived at Interchange in the space of 10 minutes, also there were buses parked on various stands going nowhere and at least one bus complete with driver was parked up on Moss Street out of service.

I did hear from one Bury driver (not to sure how true this was) that apparently 135 were suspended for a short period of times this afternoon/evening due to the concert traffic.

Other news is that Oldham Depot B7 66863 is one B7 to be best avoided if anyone sees it in service as its extremely sluggish, in fact if its allocated to a late board and depending what route that board is on its not unusual for a driver to swap it over for a quicker vehicle

I was in Bury, at the same time as you were, 471s 524s, 135s were all out of sink. 524s are like that everyday. That service drives me insane each day i try and catch it is never on time. Even my own local bus the 510 wasnt on time. It seemed that the drivers were pretty clueless on what dutys they were on. Wondering around like lost dogs.Smile

Seems to be a regular thing parking buses on moss street out of service it happens more or less daily.
(29/06/2012 20:25)bolton bus basher Wrote:  thats why they got the 561/562 :P LND heaven, they might as well scrap them in withins!

You are so right, put the crappy darts into the hovel of withins, I must say, i was quite glad when last year BY Depot regained the 510 service from Bolton. Hated travelling home on them darts on the 510. Prefer BYs allocation of citaros.
(29/06/2012 22:07)M60lad Wrote:  Is Maytrees 31 meant to be a Hybrid Route only one of their Hybrid Versa's was out on the route today

Maytree's allocation on service 31, seems to be anything and everything :-)
lol my ex well 2 ex's live on the withins estate so i used to get the 561/562 a lot, i would rather walk it :P

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 47 Guest(s)