Current time: 02/05/2024, 14:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(13/12/2013 13:01)Mayneway Wrote:  
(13/12/2013 09:57)jimbo Wrote:  The 419 is a tendered service mate. Tfgm set the frequency and timetables.

I know that Jimbo. It dosen't explain why buses suddenly go out of service mid journey with passengers on board then jump back into service just before they go into the bus station.

jimbo a lot of 419s are rostered to max out driving hours most 419s except the dinner reliiefs the driver does 4 1/2 hours on them ( 3 full trips) if he is late on there last trip he has to run out of service or the bus would be stuck in say chadderton until the next driver can get up there (basically its driving hour regualtions) plus ive been out all this week exc today timekeeping checks at ashton and pte have been in middleton checking times and speeds. if they appear like there n service to me they can get away with it and i dont report it on my kpi`s (but can you give me any specifics jimbo i would like to check up on this now its been raised thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/12/2013 13:47)james Wrote:  
(13/12/2013 13:01)Mayneway Wrote:  
(13/12/2013 09:57)jimbo Wrote:  The 419 is a tendered service mate. Tfgm set the frequency and timetables.

I know that Jimbo. It dosen't explain why buses suddenly go out of service mid journey with passengers on board then jump back into service just before they go into the bus station.

jimbo a lot of 419s are rostered to max out driving hours most 419s except the dinner reliiefs the driver does 4 1/2 hours on them ( 3 full trips) if he is late on there last trip he has to run out of service or the bus would be stuck in say chadderton until the next driver can get up there (basically its driving hour regualtions) plus ive been out all this week exc today timekeeping checks at ashton and pte have been in middleton checking times and speeds. if they appear like there n service to me they can get away with it and i dont report it on my kpi`s (but can you give me any specifics jimbo i would like to check up on this now its been raised thanks

James it was me that raised the 419 issue.
I noticed it yesterday [Thursday] at about 12.20/12.25pm.
The bus seemed to be on time, not late nor early which is why I was baffled but to then jump back into service at the lights just seemed odd.
(12/12/2013 20:43)james Wrote:  
(12/12/2013 18:04)joe_alker Wrote:  Strange allocations today, 31929 on 389, 40403 on 331, 40325, 42944/5 on 348 & 350

joe 929/403 are common on 331/389 929 has been on it last 7 outof8 days
the marshall darts are now mainly on 346 and circulars
with 42944/5 replacing 37453/4 so will go on 350s whilst we are still 3 b9s short
atm the 348/350 is a 17 vehicle allocation with an extra (usually an oly) coming on after schools
atm we have 14 b9s on the road so are scraping 3 other vehicles

31929 yes I know is usually on that route but it's still always a surprise to see it out and about. 40403 has only just come back into service and therefore is surprising to see it out so frequently.
Talking of being short of B9s, I really think we could do with a lot more B9s or even B7s, just get some more double deckers for the circulars, they can get surprisingly busy especially at peak times.
At the very least we could have some new single-deckers. New as in 63-reg. With leather seats. Not new as in newly transferred 56-reg Darts LOL
[/quote]

31929 yes I know is usually on that route but it's still always a surprise to see it out and about. 40403 has only just come back into service and therefore is surprising to see it out so frequently.
Talking of being short of B9s, I really think we could do with a lot more B9s or even B7s, just get some more double deckers for the circulars, they can get surprisingly busy especially at peak times.
At the very least we could have some new single-deckers. New as in 63-reg. With leather seats. Not new as in newly transferred 56-reg Darts LOL
[/quote]

Pioneer won't get new New. Buses because the mgmt nw team not mcr never ever visit Ashton. Only Oldham and Bolton that's why Az,by and wn( when we had it got all the sheds. Dockers won't be on the circulars because they can't alwaysget round certain parts ie hazlehurst loop without a reverse. Be glad we don't have the old breadvan buses still
(13/12/2013 19:27)james Wrote:  Pioneer won't get new New. Buses because the mgmt nw team not mcr never ever visit Ashton. Only Oldham and Bolton that's why Az,by and wn( when we had it got all the sheds. Dockers won't be on the circulars because they can't alwaysget round certain parts ie hazlehurst loop without a reverse. Be glad we don't have the old breadvan buses still

I have been on the hazlehurst loop with a B9 and a Renown both had no trouble. As for the 393 B9s, Arrows and Olympians handle it better than the 54-reg Solos.
(12/12/2013 20:43)james Wrote:  
(12/12/2013 18:04)joe_alker Wrote:  Strange allocations today, 31929 on 389, 40403 on 331, 40325, 42944/5 on 348 & 350

joe 929/403 are common on 331/389 929 has been on it last 7 outof8 days
the marshall darts are now mainly on 346 and circulars
with 42944/5 replacing 37453/4 so will go on 350s whilst we are still 3 b9s short
atm the 348/350 is a 17 vehicle allocation with an extra (usually an oly) coming on after schools
atm we have 14 b9s on the road so are scraping 3 other vehicles

Thank you for your confirmation of likely Marshall routes. I am planning a Metrolink special for December 28th when I ride the recent Metrolink extensions and new bus developments that tie in with these, Enviro300s at Oldham being another case in point. As I gather 3 Marshalls have moved to Oldham, I am pleased to know how easy they should be to track down in Ashton.

Just a thought. Once the OFT report on First's planned takover of Finglands, provided it is approved, will they have to wait 8 weeks to register replacement services or can it occur pretty swiftly?
If they run it under a seperate licence at first (so a renamed finglands licence) csn happen straight away... if on main licence will tske 2 weeks
(14/12/2013 17:51)jimbo Wrote:  If they run it under a seperate licence at first (so a renamed finglands licence) csn happen straight away... if on main licence will take 2 weeks

Thanks Jimbo, so fairly quickly then. An update on the OFT website states a current target date of 27 January 2014. This should lead to this takeover occurring in early February.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/OFTwork/mergers/Mergers_Cases/
Apparently due to a shortage of drivers at Pioneer Travel one of the GAP (Thunderbird) Drivers from Bury Depot ended up covering 333s this afternoon with 40325.

Also odd working from Bolton Depot today saw 30874 operating 17:15 22 Bolton-Stockport which runs dead back to Depot, first time apparently 30874 has ventured further than Bolton from what the driver told me
Ex Camborne 42941 noted at Bolton yesterday in new livery.

User(s) browsing this thread: 23 Guest(s)